COME AND JOIN THE NEC GROUP ON THE AMADEUS TEAM AND BE PART OF A FUN AND VIBRANT TEAM DELIVERING WORLD CLASS EVENTS!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide a professional food and beverage service within both retail and hospitality areas, meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- To provide an excellent customer experience, helping to make their visit to our venue enjoyable and memorable
- To assist in the welcoming of all exhibitors and visitors into the business
- To create a safe and smooth on-site customer journey
- Engage in conversations with customers, building rapport and asking questions in order to build a better understanding of their needs
- To assist in the efficient running of the catering and hospitality operation in accordance to set procedures and policies (Amadeus)
- To build and maintain good relationships with staff through a genuine desire to understand their needs and support them
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of events at the venue
- Proactively encouraging new and existing visitors to register for, and use, the FIECC app
- To support colleagues at peak times and to undertake any operational duty which might be reasonably required, to ensure customer and client expectations are met
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Ideally you will have experience in a busy customer focused environment; however, we will offer full training to successful applications. In addition, a willing attitude, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic is required.
Candidates should be reliable, trustworthy, well presented and should be confident and polite when dealing with our clients. Excellent communication skills and good spoken English is extremely important in this role. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Adopt a friendly, welcoming approach
- Are able to engage with a wide range of people
- Are comfortable taking the initiative to approach people and offer assistance
- Are comfortable and enthusiastic in acquiring new skills and trying new things
- Hold a level 1 food hygiene certificate or higher
- Have the ability to respond positively to a pressurised environment and adopt a positive approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as required
Casual contract. We’re recruiting across all of our venues so whether you have plenty of free time in your schedule or you can only manage the odd shift, we’d love to hear from you.
Please read our Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.necgroup.co.uk/media/2346/nec-group-candidate-privacy-notice.pdf