Apprentice Forest School Assistant - Clare's Little Bears
- Support the execution of the Forest School programme
- Offer a range of age-appropriate games, crafts and activities in line with Clare’s Little Bears Forest School policies and procedures and Forest School principles
- Actively participate and provide a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being. Take the time to listen and respond to the children and encourage their participation.
- To promote and maintain an inclusive culture and environment. To provide equal opportunities for all children and families within the setting. To ensure individual children’s needs and circumstances are known and met through the care and education provided.
- To eventually be the key person for a small group of children at the setting and to be responsible for them to ensure that their progress is regularly observed and effectively assessed. To keep informative, accurate and up-to-date records, including records of progress and any behavioural or developmental concerns.
- To support the Forest School team in supervising the children and to protect them from dangerous and harmful situations. Ensure the Forest school is always a safe environment for all. Equipment must be safe, standards of hygiene high and safety procedures adhered to at all times.
- To recognise and act upon children’s additional or special educational needs and ensure staff support these children effectively. Ensure all activities take into account the SEN Code of Practice, Child Protection Procedures.
- To keep online learning journals on FAMLY detailing progress and observations for the children attending and be prepared to complete these at home if required.
- Ensure parents of the children attending receive regular feedback on their child’s development and progress. Actively seek feedback from our families on how to make our Forest school even better.
- Change the nappies of smaller children if required and support all the children with their self-care.
- To support the preparation of snacks, ensuring that all children receive a daily healthy snack and drink and all dietary, allergy and cultural needs are met.
- Attend team and line management meetings.
- Support completion of required records and reporting on accidents, incidents and concerns. These must be recorded on FAMLY and parents informed.