Apprentice Early Years Practitioner Level 2 - Clare's Little Bears
This position is term time only, with a possibility of working in our holiday club during some school holidays.
- To ensure that the setting is a safe environment for children, that equipment is safe, and standards of hygiene are high, and safety procedures are implemented at all times.
- To set up activity equipment before the children arrive and tidy away and clean down at the end of each session.
- Plan and supervise child initiated and adult led activities, which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child, offering appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- Support children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play.
- To eventually be a key person for a small group of children at the provision, to be responsible for those children and to ensure that their progress is regularly observed and effectively assessed.
- Observe each child and shape their learning experience to reflect their observations.
- To have a responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure.
- Work in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Be prepared to observe children and hand over to relevant key worker for that child.
- To help ensure there is a good, happy and positive atmosphere at all sessions.
- Take time to listen and respond to children, encourage participation and support them in their development.
- To maintain equality of opportunity for all children within the provision.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Liaison with the Manager/Deputy.
- To support the preparation of snacks, ensuring that all children receive a daily healthy snack and drink and all dietary, allergy and cultural needs are met.
- Under supervision provide all aspects of care for children including nappy changing and toilet duties.