Are you a superstar AGM or Deputy GM ready to take the next step in your career and run your own pub? Old Ticket Office in Cambridge is looking for an ambitious and up and coming General Manager and you just might be the person for the job.
Since opening our doors in June 2018 the Old Ticket Office has gone from strength to strength earning multiple awards and accolades including CAMRA best new pub of the year and listed in the 100 pubs in the UK. The reason is simple, we serve beer. Lots of beer! With 21 taps including 6 cask lines, our ever-changing beer selection keep the masses coming back for more! We also have a bit of a soft spot for gin, cocktails and a large glass of wine or two!
Located at Cambridge railway station, The Old Ticket Office is the perfect place to drink, eat, meet … or wait! We have beautifully restored this charming old building and offer a very tempting all day menu to sit down and enjoy alongside a delicious range of craft beers, ciders, wines, soft drinks and spirits…… or for those on the move, we offer a ‘grab and go’ menu and beers from our bottle shop to take away.
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- Total comp package £30000 to £35000 including tronc and performance bonus
- Opportunity to be an autonomous and entrepreneurial General Manager
- A chance to bring your own ideas to work and put them into action
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- 50% off food and drinks across all CPG sites
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free meals on shift (and did we mention 50% off food and drinks when you’re not working?)
- Product tastings, apprenticeship schemes, staff parties, learning & development, and more
- Be part of a fast moving entrepreneurial pub company
What we’re looking for in a General Manager
- Hospitality with personal flair and character
- Someone who can get the best out of their team and inspire them to develop their own careers
- Experience running a food-led, service-led, drinks-led or gastropub venue
- Ownership and personal accountability
- Customer focus, high standards, and an eye for detail
- Employee focus, high standards, and an eye for detail (sound familiar?)
- A mastery of sales building, Gross Profit, and labour management
- Expertise in food and drinks, particularly [beer, wine, cocktails]
- Confidence and the ability to build relationships and make connections
- A Personal License
- The ability to not just think outside the box but to redesign the box
- Experience required: Min of 2 years Assistant Manager/1 year in GM role
Still reading? Want to know more about us?
- Old Ticket Office is a part of City Pub Group, who have 48 individual and unique pubs across England & Wales. We know all our people have their own personalities and we want our pubs to also