At Wallace Well Farm you will be working towards a Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Farmhouse Inns provide a vast range of tasty pub favorites as well as a traditional daily carvery with a fantastic choice of fresh vegetables and succulent roasted joints of meat. Their generous, eye catching cakes are regarded as their unique selling point, displayed in cabinets in the center of their business to create a real talking point for customers.
Wallace Well Farm - Glasgow aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages, including a distraction zone for children to keep them occupied. They aim to be the first choice for families. You'll find personal touches throughout their pubs and in everything they do.
The teams at Farmhouse Inns are the people who make their pubs so special, creating the warm and friendly atmosphere they're renowned for. Farmhouse Inns are passionate about developing the skills of their people. That's why they're offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an apprenticeship through 12month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Farmhouse Inns' career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their programme, you'll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, as part of Greene King, you'll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you'll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you've completed your apprenticeship.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working effectively as part of a team and support the General Manager
- Ensuring the bar, restaurant and kitchen is clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Welcoming customers and answering any questions they may have
- Preparing food and drinks for customers
- Serving food and drinks at the table
- Processing payments
- Giving customers a positive impression of yourself & Greene King
- Carrying out instructions as given by management & head office
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and licensing laws
- Attending & contributing at all team meetings
The successful candidate will:
- Display a positive, proactive, can do attitude to delivering an excellent service to our customers
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
- Be passionate and willing to learn
- Be reliable, flexible and punctual
- 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
- Pension scheme
- Donate to charity of your choice through payroll - donations taken before tax.
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Pay national minimum wage for your age