Full time or Part time
£8.91 per hour
Tips typically over £200 per month (£2,400 per year)
We are currently looking for a Restaurant Host to assist and support the Restaurant Manager and Supervisors in ensuring that customers experience the highest level of service.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK.
We offer a wide range of benefits and have excellent opportunities for career development and provide exceptional training programmes for all employees as well as supervisors and managers:
• Service charge – typically £2400 annually FTE
• 31 days holiday increasing to 33 days with length of service
• Free parking, staff gym and live in accommodation available
• Complimentary bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
• Complimentary meals when on duty
• Refer a friend scheme
• Delivering the EightyEight Restaurant and Bar concept and ethos to the required five star standards outlined in the Procedure Guidelines.
• Be able to competently maintain the operation of the restaurant and bars during service.
• To inspire and motivate your peers to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Responsible for cash and stock security.
• To attend staff meetings and daily briefings ensuring you are fully aware of what is going on around Grantley Hall.
• To ensure the venue is kept clean throughout service and to leave the venue clean and organized for the next shift.
• To learn and know in detail our food and Beverage offerings, being able to passionately describe and sell this to our guests.
• To effectively manage bookings using our in-house reservations system, to enhance guest journey, and maximise reservations.
• Communicate effectively all details of a guest reservation to the server staff.
• Escalate any complaints to Management or supervisors.
• Be confident to communicate with guests over the phone, conducting call backs and taking bookings.
• To have outstanding customer service skills.
• To be presentable and smart in appearance at all times.
• To treat guest and team members with respect.
• All new guests get a friendly greeting, all leaving ones get a sincere goodbye.
• To make sure every time you interact with a guest you are friendly and talkative, even under pressure.
• To enjoy going the extra mile for guests, in providing them an enjoyable experience.
• To ensure that you follow the challenge 25 policy strictly.
• When time allows you should be able to enjoy chat with your guests and enjoy yourself.
• To ensure a welcoming and atmospheric ambience.
• To ensure areas are clean and tidy at all times.
• To deal with or escalate guests complaints immediately and effectively.