HB Leisure are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Assistant to join the Purchase Ledger Team within the Accounts Department. You will assist with the Purchase Ledger processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency. The system used is SAGE and whilst experience using SAGE or similar systems is desirable, it is not essential as full training will be given.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced business in the leisure sector, working with a small but busy team. You will be based at our Head Office in the outskirts of Rhyl.
You may be looking for your first position in accounting, or have some experience but looking for a clearly defined role. Either way, we’d love to hear from you.
Duties will include:
To maintain and operate the day to day activities of purchase ledger, such as:
- Maintenance and upkeep of supplier information.
- Capturing supplier documentation to the finance system.
- Coding invoices and credits to the correct Nominal accounts and Cost Centres.
- Ensuring that the authorisation process is administered correctly.
- Resolving ledger queries by phone/email with suppliers.
- Scheduling supplier BACS payments.
- Assisting with Month End processing.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Processing employee expenses and petty cash.
- Processing business credit card statements.
- Ad-hoc analysis of supplier information.
- GCSE or equivalent in English & Maths grade level C or above
- Experience of working in an accounting environment
- Ability to work with spreadsheets is essential
- Tenacious with good time management
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) - particularly Excel to an intermediate level
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative when needed
- Able to work to strict time lines
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- High attention to detail
- AAT qualified (or working towards)
- Experience of running a Purchase Ledger
- Experience of working for a multinational company in a finance/accounting capacity
- Knowledge of SAGE is an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of additional languages
Head to the careers page of our website www.hbleisure.com/careers to complete the online application form.
All applications for this role are to be submitted via the application process explained above. Strictly NO agency calls or agency CV submissions will be accepted.
Founded in 1927, HB Leisure is the world leader in the operation of midway games and family arcades, present in over 90 theme parks and attractions across 20 countries.