Hospitality Receptionist Apprentice
- To ensure that the telephone system is attended to promptly and efficiently, ensuring that all calls are monitored, recorded correctly and messages passed on as quickly as possible to guests and relevant staff/management.
- Welcome guests on arrival, follow through the registration procedure and give them instructions on how to get to their room, advise restaurant meals times, ask did they want to book dinner or breakfast if on room only rate. Ask if they need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact reception.
- To operate the Hotel Booking Service and E mails efficiently and accurately, ensuring professionalism at all times.
- Receive and process verbal and written enquiries from guests and staff as appropriate.
- Check and post any charges to a guest’s room or to a main account. e.g. drinks, meal charges, fax charges etc
- Ensure all rooms are vacated at the correct time and notify housekeeping if vacating time is to be later. Ensure late checkout fees are posted and charged for.
- Present bills to guests on departure, take any required payment and take appropriate action
- Ensure your banking equals your cashier total for the shift.
- To record and chase up any missing room keys, ensure this is noted on Guest Comments and take appropriate charges and inform guest of your actions. Ensure maintenance department is advised promptly if locks need to be changed and new keys to be cut
- Ensure proper procedures are adhered to when handling credit cards, bankers cards or cheques (i.e. carry out the correct checks)
- Make bookings for guests if necessary, e.g. for taxis. Do not pass any comments on other businesses such as local pubs etc as we should be upselling our own establishment.
- Check arrival and departure lists each shift.
- To be responsible for posting all conferences and events at the weekend 1
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the efficient and smooth operation of all departments.
- Ensure all relevant departments are aware of any special requests.
- Be aware of the fire regulations and be able to perform your specific duties in the event of fire.
- All items to sales ledger should have correct documentation.
- To be fully aware of the Establishment’s and Company’s facilities and promote whenever possible.
- To operate and be willing to send any facsimile or to copy out any photocopying or typing for a guest or Manager. Ensure all appropriate charges are made.
- To report any suspicious incidents, accidents or near accidents caused by hazards to Operations Manager/Director. Ensure relevant documentation is completed at the time of incident etc.
- To attend any training or departmental meetings as and when required.
- To be responsible for your actions and standard of work.
- To maintain a good liaison and communication with all members of the reception team, management and your fellow colleagues.
- To handover to Night Porter effectively and efficiently to ensure all guests receive their wake up calls/ordered papers and that any unanswered calls are followed up.
- To be aware of the need to control operating costs and conserve energy where possible
- To ensure that you arrive on duty at the correct time and your personal appearance is well groomed. To ensure the correct uniform, shoes are worn and that these are clean and well maintained.
- To comply with all the establishment’s rules as outlined in the handbooks and to be aware of the Company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- To request stationery and toiletries for the efficient operation of the department and to meet the needs of the guests.
- Maintain all brochure racks.
- To ensure the reception desk and the surrounding area is clean and tidy at all times.
- To confirm all bookings in writing by letter and send out brochures and any other information relating to that booking.
- To ensure back up’s are completed on a daily basis.
- To carry out any further duties delegated by your Operations Manager/Director.
More search results
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship, Wolverham…
Business Administration Apprenticeship, Leeds - A…
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, Lincoln - …
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship, Lymington - C…
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, Durham - A…