- To assist the senior chefs in ensuring that the agreed standard of food service is provided to customers in all areas and at all times, so that it reaches the highest standard of quality and customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that all working areas/surfaces including refigeration are cleaned and sanitized before the end of your shift. Equipment should be serviceable and in good condition at all times, any equipment failure and potential hazards should be reported to a senior member of staff immediately.
- In conjunction with the Senior Chef ensuring the correct standard of stock rotation is followed, making sure food products are used prior to the best before date.
- To comply to all portion control requirements as directed by Senior Chefs and standard performance manuals.
- To assist the Senior Chef in maintaining a strict control on all food wastage and reporting any in the correct manner, completing routine documentation as appropriate.
- To assist with any food preparation that is required on daily basis.
- In conjunction with the Senior Chef to ensure that the HAMSTER recording system and procedures are carried out and correctly recorded. Conforming to all relevant food safety, codes of practice and current legislation.
- To conform to Health and Safety, COSHH Regulations and Food Safety Legislation and the College Codes of Practice, taking the necessary corrective action to rectify any shortcomings. At such a stage that you are unable to deal with such shortcomings refer to the Senior Chef or in their absence the Food and Beverage or Duty Manager.
- To ensure a close working relationship with all members Wellington College staff. Ensuring that all colleagues and customers are dealt with in a professional manner.
- In conjunction with Senior Chef ensure monthly stock checks are completed accurately and delivered on time.
- To attend all team briefs and departmental meetings as and when required.
- To be involved in an annual personal development review with the Executive Chef and undertake training to assist with your personal development
- To ensure that all food which is cooked in the unit is ready for service and presented to the required standard.
- To assist the Senior Chef in taking and accurately recording food retention samples, ensuring they are correctly stored as laid down in the codes of practice and in their absence, ensure that the task is successfully undertaken.
- To assist in the receipt of deliveries, checking that there are no shortfall or other problems with the required order. Sign for all good received and safely store products in their correct place.
- To ensure that a high standard of personal and standard of hygiene is consistently maintained at all times. This includes wearing the correct protective clothing as set down by health and safety and outlined in the College and local codes of practice.
- To undertake any reasonable duties as required by the Executive & Senior Chef/Supervisor/Catering Manager/Operations Manager or the Director of College Catering
More search results
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, Lincoln - …
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship, Lymington - C…
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, Durham - A…
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, Scarboroug…
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, York - ASK…