The Brewer Apprentice will be involved in the whole brewing process starting with malted barley and hops and ending in canned beer. This role offers a lot of potential for development and is a great entry role into an exciting industry. There will be room for creative involvement with input into beer design and recipes. The job is varied by nature, with tasks differing from day-to-day. Key responsibilities include:
- Over time becoming skilled in wort production and the rest of the brewing process.
- Fermentation control and maintaining records of analysis carried out.
- Cleaning casks and other equipment.
- Racking beer into casks, kegging beer and assisting on canning runs.
- Operating in a safe and hygienic manner with attention to all safety documents and standard operating procedures.
- Preparing beer for shipping, such as boxing cases of cans and palletising.
- Quality control, including tasting the beers!
The successful candidate, over the course of 18 months, will work towards the General Certificate in Brewing from the Institute of Brewing and Distilling. This qualification, as well as the practical skills gained, will result in the successful applicant being a skilled brewer at the end of the apprenticeship.
40 hours per week
Typical working hours: 9:00-17:00 Monday-Friday
Applicants must be over 18 years old.
More search results
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, York - ASK…
Apprentice Production Chef - Portland Nurseries
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship, Winchester - …
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship, Badminton - C…
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship, Grays - AS…