WHAT YOU WILL DO
Work across all functions of the vessel to prepare and produce food across a number of different brands and cuisines.
- Open the vessel - getting everything ready for service, completing daily cleaning and set up tasks, following schedules and instructions.
- Prepare and set up you section(s) ready for service, following a daily prep list, maintaining levels, cleanliness, and organisation throughout the shift.
- Support the Vessel Manager and supervisors in putting away deliveries
- Prepare food orders according to specifications, recipes, and vessel instructions
- Follow our delivery platform process, working with our tech to prepare orders and achieve targets.
- Work in areas such as the friers, grills, woks, and the pass, with confidence across all brands in the vessel
- Be food focused and perform regular quality checks on your section
- Aim to produce dishes in a timely manner and focus on daily/weekly targets
- Closing the vessel – Getting everything sufficiently cleaned and organised ready for the next day. Including the removal of waste
- Record any wastage, out of stock items and staff food with the vessel manager
SAFETY AND STANDARDS
- Complete Daily due diligence as per your section
- Be focused on ensuring food safety standards according to both brand and REEF standards.
- Report any safety concerns such as dangerous equipment or maintenance, to the vessel manager
- Follow all food safety guidance when it comes to storing, rotation, handling and preparing food
- Follow all instructions and guidance when it comes to manual handling and personal safety, including the operation of dangerous machinery
- Complete relevant training in Health and Safety and Food Safety
- Support the Vessel Manager in completing audit actions
- Adhere to the correct use of chemicals as per the training provided
TEAMWORK & TRAINING
- Be a team player – cleaning and washing up are everyone’s responsibility
- Communicate regularly with the team and Vessel Manager to ensure the vessel runs efficiently and you have all you need to succeed
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback
- Work to support others around you and aim to work as a team
- Complete all training in a timely manner, following the tools and support provided
- Complete refresher training as an when requested
YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO:
- Relates to and lives our values
- Has a strong work ethic, positive attitude, is flexible and an inclusive team player.
- Demonstrates agility, the ability to work under pressure, and make quick decisions in a very versatile environment.
- Has a keen eye for detail with high standards
- Has a passion for food
- Wants to develop in the hospitality industry
- Eager to learn and develop
- Has a good level of organisation and communication
YOUR IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Competencies in basic – Allergies, COSHH, Fire Safety, Health & Safety, First Aid. (desirable)
THE PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS ARE:
- Push, pull, and lift up to 25KG on a weekly basis.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position for a long period of time
- Work in close proximity with others over long periods of time in a noisy environment.
- Work with your hands and regularly taste and smell food
- Work in an environment of high and low temperatures such as near grills and in fridges
- Work varying hours and weekly schedules. 40+ Hours per week
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A chance to develop your career and be part of a growing business that is focused on seeing its team succeed
- Discounts on gyms, cinemas, shopping and much more
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Free parking
- Free food on shifts
- The best way you can support the growth and development of our people and our business at REEF, is to live and breathe our values. We expect you to Be True, Be Bold, Be Curious, Show Up and Show Grit.
- As a growing business there’s a new challenge around every corner. To thrive in this environment, you will be prepared to approach these challenges with optimism, work collaboratively with others, not be afraid to speak up or try something daring, be prepared to fail, own it and try again, use every experience as a chance to learn and of course be yourself.