Vessel Captain (Kitchen Manager)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Lead a team of Chefs and oversee the day-to-day operations of a Vessel. Each vessel will have a number of brands with key delivery objectives to achieve success.
The role of the vessel captain is a key to the success of our kitchen operations and the growth of our business. Your areas of focus will include:
TEAM & LEADERSHIP
- Support the team in their training and development, helping deliver training plans and on the job learning.
- Provide feedback to the team and help us grow our feedback culture
- Work with the Neighbourhood GM in regularly assessing the team
- Support in performance reviews and help address performance issues.
- Support in the hiring process and ensuring adequate staff levels
- Ensure the team complete any compliance and safety training
- Help foster an inclusive, engaging and supportive atmosphere
SAFETY AND STANDARDS
- Complete Daily due diligence and ensure the safety of the team and vessel
- Be focused on ensuring food safety standards according to both brand and REEF standards.
- Complete weekly checks and actions involving food safety and health and safety focuses
- Report any concerns to the operations and training team.
- Monitor and report maintenance and security concerns and deal with issues.
- Complete relevant training in Health and Safety and Food Safety
- Complete action plans following internal and external audits
- Complete periodic fire drills with the team
- Be fully confident on all stations and brands within the vessel and be able to recognise and drive improvement opportunities.
- Effectively run shifts, keeping focus on the key performance metrics
- Provide updates on the Vessel and action any flagged areas to drive improvements.
- Manage the business on all targets based on business and brand performance (sales, labour, COGS, ratings, reviews, prep times, refunds).
- Be food focused and perform regular quality checks.
- Complete ordering and stock taking routines to ensure a high level of freshness and availability.
- Manager the delivery tablets and tech to ensure we comply with the brands expectations.
- Review and manage stock, waste and staff food levels
- Create daily prep lists and support the Neighbourhood Manager in ensuring these are updated
- Ability to manage the complexities of a multi-faceted business that is customer facing and delivery.
- Work smoothly with partners in the business from partner brands to site location management.
- Have a passion for all things food
- Drives brand and REEF standards and ensure specifications are maintained
- Only use the best of products and work with us to ensure high quality from our teams and our suppliers
- Preform regular quality checks to ensure high standards across all brands.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO:
- Relates to and lives our values
- Has a strong work ethic, positive attitude, is flexible and an inclusive team player.
- Demonstrates agility, the ability to work under pressure, and make quick decisions in a very versatile environment.
- Has a keen eye for detail with high standards
- Is an experienced kitchen leader with knowledge and skills across a range of culinary skills and equipment
- Has a people focused mentality and take pride in helping others develop.
- Understands how to manage costs with a keen eye for the numbers
- Has a high level of organisation and communication
YOUR IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Competencies in managing – Allergies, COSHH, Fire Safety, Health & Safety, First Aid.
- Has completed Level 3 Food Hygiene (Preferred)
- Culinary training
THE PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS ARE:
- Push, pull, and lift up to 25KG on a weekly basis.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position for a long period of time
- Work in close proximity with others over long periods of time in a noisy environment.
- Work with your hands and regularly taste and smell food
- Work in an environment of high and low temperatures such as near grills and in fridges
- Work varying hours and weekly schedules. 40+ Hours per week
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A chance to develop your career and be part of a growing business that is focused on seeing its team succeed
- Discounts on gyms, cinemas, shopping and much more
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Free parking
Free food on shifts
The best way you can support the growth and development of our people and our business at REEF, is to live and breathe our values. We expect you to Be True, Be Bold, Be Curious, Show Up and Show Grit.
As a growing business there’s a new challenge around every corner. To thrive in this environment, you will be prepared to approach these challenges with optimism, work collaboratively with others, not be afraid to speak up or try something daring, be prepared to fail, own it and try again, use every experience as a chance to learn and of course be yourself.