You don't need any hospitality experience, as we can teach you everything. For us, it's more about your personality and drive to be the best you can be.
A day in the life of a chef apprentice:
- Work as a team throughout the business to achieve the company's mission statement.
- To deliver consistently high standards of Cleanliness, Quality, Service, Maintenance and Atmosphere. (CQSMA)
- Be aware of and be knowledgeable about all promotions, events and new products within your pub.
- Ensure that all food is stored, prepared, cooked, served and presented in accordance with company standards.
- Strive to achieve the food delivery time targets at all times.
- Take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness by adopting our Clean As You Go (CAYG) philosophy. Ensure that the kitchen is cleaned and maintained in accordance with guidelines throughout the day. Always action any points raised on kitchen checks in a timely manner.
- Respond to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support if required. Feedback all complaints to the management team.
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team or Wethercentre to meet the needs of the business.
Alongside your day to day training you will be working towards your Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship, which will involve a blended social learning experience, delivered on a 121 basis in your work place by one of Lifetime's expert trainers every 4-6 weeks via face to face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype. The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills and behaviours.