Are you obsessed with great beer, great food, and running exciting and fun local events?
Following an internal promotion, the opportunity has arisen to join us at St. Andrews Brew House and lead our fantastic team on to further success in the months and years ahead. St. Andrews Brew House in Norwich is looking for a talented and ambitious General Manager to take on a well-established site.
Here at St. Andrews Brew House there are three things we are truly passionate about: Great beer, great food and great service! A real gem among all the restaurants and pubs in Norwich, we are home to our very own micro-brewery, bar and restaurant as well as some great weekly events.
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- Pay starting at £38,000 with On Target Earnings (including performance bonus) of £48,000
- Opportunity to be an autonomous and entrepreneurial General Manager
- A chance to bring your own ideas to work and put them into action
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- 50% off food and drinks across all 48 sites across England & Wales
- Live in accommodation
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free meals on shift (and did we mention 50% off food and drinks when you’re not working?)
- Product tastings, apprenticeship schemes, staff parties, learning & development, and more
- Be part of a fast moving entrepreneurial pub company
What we’re looking for in a General Manager
- Hospitality with personal flair and character, who takes great pride in their work.
- An experienced, dynamic and passionate General Manager who is ready for a new challenge.
- Strong knowledge of stock control & ability to attain GP targets.
- Working knowledge of general Health & Safety and overall compliance, P&L analysis and HR.
- Be customer driven and enjoy engaging with guests and cultivating relationships within the local businesses
- Experience of running high volume pub, events & restaurant service and liaising with the kitchen team.
- A confident manager well drilled in team management, leading from the front and motivating the senior managers and team to surpass the already excellent achievements.
- Enjoy and maintain the high standards the pub is known for as well as finding creative ways to attract new customers.
- We’re looking for an individual who places their team and guests at the heart of everything they do. Someone who thrives in leading from the front and is as happy behind the bar, on the floor, talking beer, networking or running one of our in-house or private events.
- Employee focus, high standards, and an eye for detail (sound familiar?)
- A Personal License
Still reading? Want to know more about us?
- St Andrews Brew House is a part of City Pub Group, who have 48 individual and unique pubs across England & Wales. We know all our people have their own personalities and we want our pubs to also
- Being in the heart of Norwich means our ground floor bar and restaurant are the perfect place for watching the world go by with a beer or two. Alternatively you can venture up to the first floor, where our function rooms are filled with classic board games and are a great vantage point for keeping an eye on our brewer Steve, who can often be spotted pottering around creating our next batch of Brew House beer. Whether you are popping in for your favourite after work pint, or spending a relaxing afternoon nibbling on tapas with friends, we want all of our guests to feel like part of the brew house family.
If this sounds like your next position, please get in touch and we’ll take it from there.
- Ollie and the St Andrews Brew House team