In 2013, a much-loved Cambridge institution closed its doors after 173 years’ trading. Howes Cycles claimed to be the oldest bicycle shop in the country and rumour has it that Charles Darwin, famed for his ‘Theory of Evolution’, bought a bike from this shop in the 1800s. Fast forward a century or two and you’ll now find this quaint old building has a new lease of life – as a bar and restaurant, with a quirky interior designed to celebrate the heritage of the original shop.
Open all day for brunch, lunch and dinner, The Old Bicycle Shop provides a unique setting for all sorts of occasions, from a quick coffee and brunch to a special dinner with friends. We take pride in serving fresh, locally-sourced food for all tastes, with plenty of tempting choices for the vegetarians and vegans among you with an established Brunch, Lunch & Dinner Clientele.
Here’s what’s in it for you as Head Chef at Old Bicycle Shop:
- 50% off food and drinks across all CPG sites and some new work mates to enjoy your discount with
- Total comp package including bonus, tronc & service charge up to £52000 per annum
- A career and the path to develop into Management if you want it
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Free meals on shift (and did we mention 50% off food and drinks when you’re not working?)
- Product tastings, apprenticeship schemes, staff parties, learning & development, and more
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with senior management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The Following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients.
- Fresh homemade dining experience.
- We are operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group. Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual with a unique and quirky personality! We believe in looking after our people just as well as we look after our customers.
- We are a food lead venue with quality produce and dishes at the heart of our business and are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic chef to take command of the kitchen and drive it to achieve higher goals. We have a history of strong staff retention and development and you will be coming into an established kitchen achieving and beating realistic targets. You will be offered creative control of menu development but also have a strong group executive chef to assist with any help that is required and have full control of your kitchen as ownership is a key trait of success.
We look forward to hearing from you.