Here at Dobbies, we want our customers to enjoy tasty food and great service in a welcoming and safe environment. Our club plus members are at the heart of what we do, so exceptional customer service and driving member loyalty is our main priority. To play an essential role in delivering this we are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our Restaurant team. You’ll be preparing food for service whilst maintaining the kitchen to high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We’ve a great team, gorgeous restaurants and serve hot breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea (so you can spend your evenings at home!).
About the role
- Preparing and presenting food in line with menu specification
- Working pro-actively and supporting general kitchen duties such as housekeeping, ordering stock, controlling stock levels and wastage
- Working collaboratively with the kitchen team to ensure your customers are presented with their meal to a high standard and on time.
- Developing your knowledge of dietary requirements and allergies plus health and hygiene
- You are passionate about all things food and delivering the best possible experience for our customers.
- A team player and confident communicator who is eager to learn new skills and gain new experiences.
- Naturally friendly person: our team members really enjoy what they do and who they work with
- Flourish in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in high volume food service or similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of kitchen health, safety and hygiene rules
- Holding a relevant food safety qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
- Generous annual leave entitlement. Use your holidays when you want with limited statutory days off required
- Fantastic team member discount to be enjoyed in the store, restaurant and foodhall
- Access to Wagestream where you can track your earnings in real time and access a portion before payday to cover unexpected costs
- Thriving culture; the Dobbies team are passionate, diverse and committed to our customers
- Future opportunities; We want you to be happy and challenged at Dobbies for years to come so we offer various specialised training and further learning and growth opportunities
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that helps you deal with life’s challenges.
For 150 years, the Dobbies name has stood for quality. During this time, we've been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK. With over 575,000 club plus members, our main priority is exceptional customer service.
Today Dobbies is the UK's largest Garden Centre retailers with stores across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. Naturally, we have one of the biggest and best ranges of quality plants and gardening equipment around. You don't have to be an avid gardener to enjoy Dobbies because, as well as having everything to make your garden grow, we have everything you need to simply relax and enjoy your garden – and much more.