Assistant Manager (Arcades) - Fifth Avenue Amusements
HB Leisure - Assistant Arcade Manager - NOW RECRUITING
HB Leisure is the leading attraction partner for skill games and amusements around the world operating in over 100 theme parks across 25 countries.
You will be responsible for supporting the Arcade Manager with the running of the Fifth Avenue Amusements arcade either stand alone or at one of our partner parks, ensuring budgeted targets are achieved and operating standards are adhered to. To work within given budget constraints whilst pursuing maximum operating efficiency and profitability.
In return we will offer you:
- Fantastic Benefits Package including access to your own Private GP, Gym discounts, big savings on high street retailers and much more!
- Competitive Salary
- Long Service Award Scheme
- Great career possibilities which include the opportunities to travel the globe (Asia, Europe, Dubai, USA, etc.) and work in some of the world’s most amazing locations
- Recommend A Friend Scheme (Subject to T&C's)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To ensure the efficient day to day running of all arcade/coin op operations.
- Through regular inspection ensure that arcade interior/exterior standards are maintained to a high level, and that all safety checks are completed as scheduled. Where necessary, advising the manager on remedial action.
- Monitor and review arcade revenues, prize pay outs, stock levels and staff numbers ensuring budgets and targets are adhered to (where applicable).
- Maintain a close liaison at all times with your management team communicating Company information/changes in procedure as and when required. Ensure any unresolved problems are dealt with satisfactorily.
- Maintain a close liaison at all times with management, ensuring the HBL operation conforms to agreed procedures and regulations.
- To ensure that cash collections are carried out accurately and securely; and in line with Company procedures.
- Conduct regular random checks of floats, keys, stock and vouchers as well as weekly and period checks.
- To liaise with the engineers and prioritise workload to minimise downtime.
- Working with your management team and Central Support, ensure that correct stock lines and levels are maintained.
- Observe the Company’s health and safety policies, ensuring that all health, safety and security regulations and procedures are implemented and complied with, providing a safe environment at all times for both staff and customers, reporting any faults where necessary to the Site Manager.
- Ensure that staffing ratios are observed and improved, whilst maintaining operational objectives. To be prepared to cover reasonable additional hours where appropriate staff are absent.
- Motivation of staff to contribute to the maximum efficiency in the day to day running of the site. Ensure a good working environment is established, in order to obtain the maximum commitment of staff.
- Monitor individual staff that report to you, by accompanying and reviewing them in the performance of their duties on a regular basis. Provide training as required, to ensure company procedures are adhered to and standards maintained.
- Ensure documentation submitted by yourself and staff who report to you, is accurate, complete and submitted on time.
- Ensure that any staff reporting to you, conduct themselves in the correct manner, and that they maintain the correct standards of dress and personal hygiene, so as to uphold the correct image of the Company.
- To carry out appropriate disciplinary action, in accordance with Company policy and procedures with prior guidance from the Site Manager and consultation with the HR Manager.
- To ensure that all machines provided for play are operated in line with current legislation and that customers only have access to areas which the law allows. Observe at all times BACTA’s Code of Conduct.
- To protect and keep confidential the Company’s business interests, except as authorised or required by your duties.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Regional or Site Manager and to work in other areas of the operation, where necessary, during closed season to support the business needs of the Company.
- To know how to resolve problems, seeking advice where necessary.
- To promote the Company in a positive manner when dealing with customers and at any other opportunity.
- To ensure that your personal presentation, conduct and profile is such that it reflects well upon the Company.
- To respond positively, promptly and appropriately to all customer requests.
- To conduct all business in a polite and courteous manner.
- To promote the concept of teamwork to enhance business opportunities and achievement.
- Qualified to GCSE level in Maths and English
- Experience of assisting with managing a team
- Experience of working in the leisure industry/amusement arcade
- Tenacious with good time management
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, Excel)
- Able to motivate staff
- Cash Handling experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Self directed with a high degree of self motivation
- High attention to detail
- Fully flexible with working hours including weekend
- Public Facing experience
- ONC/HNC in a related subject (e.g. business studies) (Desirable)
- Some Health & Safety knowledge (Desirable)
Apply via our website www.hbleisure.com/careers today!