Reports to: Director / Operations Manager
Department: Support Office
Working with the support office and closely with the on-site management teams in each of the Black Rock Restaurants, you will be required to ensure day to day works are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard. You will continuously look to improve standards and ways of working, whilst supporting any other engineers working on site. You will take full accountability for the jobs you complete, ensuring these are completed safely and to the required standard.
As the company grows, we require people who meet our objectives and have the qualities to grow with us.
You will need to be a natural team player with the skills we need to work with both our engineering and operational teams.
- Monday to Friday, rotating on-call weekends.
- 8-hour workdays.
- Early start times to ensure restaurant operations are not interrupted.
- Ability and willingness to travel , we have one restaurant near Tower Bridge.
- Basic knowledge of one of multiple trades, including electrical, plumbing, decorating and carpentry.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- A good level of written English and mathematics.
- A full UK driving license.
On a day-to-day basis you will be required to complete the below tasks:
- Deal with reactive breakdowns.
- Painting and decorating when needed.
- Basic carpentry.
- Manual handling when required.
- General repairs on various catering equipment.
- Out of hours works when required.
- Reporting on jobs in hand and jobs completed
- Communicating on an issue on jobs in progress and support needed.
- Ability to deliver maintenance duties with minimal supervision and to a high standard.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance.
- Manage day to day tasks from beginning to completion.
- Highlight any safety improvements needed throughout the building.
- Assess risk in daily tasks and communicate to Operations Manager and Owner/Founder.
- Communicate when low on supplies i.e., paint, tools etc.
Additional PPM Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety, maintenance, and efficiency of all pieces of equipment held on site.
- Responsible for all maintenance checks.
- Occasionally responsible for training operatives on the safe running of equipment.
- Maintaining and servicing all machinery; including mechanical and electrical aspects.
- Installing and commissioning equipment and machinery electrically, pneumatically, and mechanically.
- Carrying out other property / facilities / maintenance duties as required; including monitoring, setting and maintenance of the heating, water and lighting systems general building maintenance (changing light bulbs, emergency light testing, basic plumbing etc).
- Monitor and execute Planned Preventative Maintenance on various systems within the building such as annual inspection and testing of all electrical systems.
- Perform routine checks such as fire alarm tests and PAT testing.
- In a very reactive environment, compile and manage a call/job log.
- Working alongside Alert65 H&S system to maximise safety in and around the sites.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle.
- A fantastic environment to drive your career forward in a fast-expanding company.
- Free food and drinks when working.
- Team incentives, trips and rewards.
- 50% discount in any of our restaurants across the group.
- Book your birthday off – guaranteed.
- An additional day’s holiday for the first five years.
- We reward Refer a Friend – if you refer someone you can earn a reward.
Sometimes you might be asked to work outside your comfort zone and carry out any reasonable request made, and other responsibilities included from time to time.