General Manager – The Swettenham Arms , Swettenham Village near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire– Salary up to 38K, plus bonus and fully expensed live in.
Join the family – we’ve got lots to offer you…
As General Manager the rewards are huge…
· Annual bonus scheme – opportunity to earn up to £20k p/a based on performance vs financial and business KPIs.
· A 25% discount on food, drink, and accommodation through the employee discount card
· 50% off food during shifts
· The ‘BAR’ – Benefits at Robinsons - Exclusive discounts at over 800 retailers through our employee reward scheme
· 35 days paid annual leave and holiday pay.
· Access to the company pension scheme including life assurance cover.
· Access to Private Health Scheme for the GM and their family
· Company Sick Pay
· Ongoing personal development and career progression
· Access to wellbeing and mental health management programmes
· GM Accommodation with all utilities paid.
The ideal General Manager will be passionate and confident whilst being commercially and financially astute. With an in-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry, you will have experience in premium sites providing accommodation, and running events especially weddings. You will have a strong background in food led establishments and be able to demonstrate a passion for the delivery of exceptional guest care, as well as the commercial success of the business.
Working alongside our central support team the General Manager will enjoy having a high degree of freedom to shape the business as if it was your own. You’ll be responsible for meeting challenging targets and ensuring you have the best team to support you in achieving them.
This is a hands-on role where the successful General Manager will be expected to lead from the front. We know we wouldn’t be who we are without our great teams! The better they are – the better we are so we need someone who is motivational and loves developing their teams as training is at the heart of everything we do.
The Swettenham Arms
The Swettenham Arms is an iconic 16th century award winning pub, restaurant and wedding venue nestled in the stunning Cheshire countryside and is well known throughout the surrounding counties. The pub, reopened in April 2023 after undergoing a major renovation.
The new-look Swettenham Arms has benefited from a sensitive refurbishment, retaining and reviving original features including fireplaces and its copper top bar. The pub’s popular function room (known as the Lovell Suite) has also been redecorated and can hold up to 120 guests for functions, weddings and parties. The pub also boasts a brand-new kitchen extension to the rear of the building and a newly remodelled breakfast area, creating the perfect space to relax surrounded by the Cheshire countryside.
Externally, the Swettenham Arms is now decorated with blooming new flowers, a new signage scheme and external furniture, perfect for the coming warmer months. With a large external seating area and 2,500 lavender shrubs were replanted for an idyllic wedding backdrop.
Future plans are in place to create a boutique hotel on-site.
If you are looking for a career with a progressive company, taking on interesting and exciting challenges each day, then get in touch today.