Sous Chef - The Running Horse - Live In Available
If you are looking for a new challenge in a growing business where you can develop and grow, then read on!
We have full hours available that can work around you.
Salary will be up to £32,000 plus a share of the tips.
A job you can enjoy
Join us as a Sous Chef and you’ll be right at the cutting edge of our kitchen’s creativity.
You’ll be second in command to the Head Chef, adding your experience and wisdom to the team mix.
Food is a serious business in our pubs, so you’ll be working in an advanced kitchen to create fabulous, fresh dishes – using the best of seasonal, local ingredients.
• Work for a company that shares your passion for food
• Develop your skills towards a Head Chef role
• Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 40% off across all Upham Inns.
• Take advantage of our fantastic Chef apprenticeships and gain a recognised qualification in the process.
As deputy to the Head Chef, you will take full control of the kitchen when they are away. It is a great opportunity to make a real impact and prove yourself ready to step up to the Head Chef role.
And you’ll be supported every step of the way by your Head Chef and the Executive Chef to develop your career.
You’ll need to be a talented chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie. You’ll be able to bring out the best in others – and you’ll take immense pride in every successful service.
A hygiene qualification, excellent food knowledge and food safety awareness are all essential for this role.
But we are interested in your personality and potential too – not just your previous experience.
• You must thrive under pressure
• You’ll have great communication skills
• You should be able to lead a team
• You’ll set yourself and others the highest standards
We also offer!
- Flexible hours to work around your life.
- A fun working environment in a friendly team.
- Good training/ work experience.
- Development opportunities if you want them
Day 1 perks of working for Upham! (We don’t make you wait 3 months)
- High St discounts.
- Friends and family discount.
- 40% off Charming Bedrooms estate
- Cash incentives.
- Birthday box to help you celebrate.
It’s a place you can develop
- Opportunity to progress.
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications.
- Job security, no zero hours contracts.
- Working with a premium offer/ group.
- Small company where you are treated as an individual.
- Your opinion counts.
What do we do?
We own a collection of beautiful and individual premium pubs across Southern England. Our pubs are in idyllic settings in country villages and towns, where we are proud to be the quality local of the area, serving high quality fresh pub food in a cozy pub ambience. Most of our pubs have some Charming Bedrooms as well. New to our growing family is Harper’s Steakhouse, a new premium American Steakhouse brand that we started rolling out last year.
It’s an exciting time to join us!
Upham Inns is growing, and we want you to grow with us and be part of our success. We’ve been busy investing in our business and we are seeing some great results. So, we want to continue to grow our pub family and we are looking to recruit passionate people into our team
We are looking for great people to join us
Our company is big enough to support you but small enough to care about your individual needs. We are a friendly, hands-on team who have a passion for running great pubs. We are always on the lookout for like-minded people who have the desire to work and grow with us.