Are you an experienced Head Chef seeking the chance to further your career? Would you prefer to work within a smaller business where you voice is heard and listened to? Do you have the vision and capability to lead the kitchen brigade to success? If so, read on!!
Let’s tell you a little about us…. The Swettenham Arms is an iconic 16th century award winning pub, restaurant and wedding venue nestled in the stunning Cheshire countryside and is well known throughout the surrounding counties and will join our unique family of inns. The Swettenham Arms is currently closed while it is having a major investment. It will have a brand new extended kitchen, and a fresh new look inside. We will endeavour to maintain its original character and we will uphold the little extra touches that its customers hold in high regard. Whether it’s fresh flowers on the tables or a welcoming open fire on cold winter days, the inn remains true to its character
.Join the family at The Swettenham Arms today – we’ve got lots to offer you…
· A competitive rate of pay, share of tips and a generous monthly bonus scheme
· A 25% discount on food, drink and accommodation in the managed for you and your family
· 50% off food during shifts
· Exclusive discounts at over 800 retailers through our employee reward scheme
· Flexible hours to fit around the important things in your life
· 28 days annual leave and holiday pay
· Access to a pension
· Autonomy over menu and specials – your food, your creations
· Well-equipped kitchens - the kit you need.
· Serving the Good Stuff – British Beef, 100% free-range meat and eggs, sustainable fish, veg responsibly produced and all top quality
· Working with some of the best local and regional suppliers
· Ongoing personal development and career progression
· Exceptional training – both in-house and external training
· Access to fully paid apprenticeships for your team
· Stability in a family business that has been around since 1838!
· Talent Finder Reward - Be financially rewarded for introducing new team to join us
· Chef whites provided for all the kitchen team.
· Regular company and in-house incentives, including vouchers and team rewards
· Access to wellbeing and mental health management programmes
The ideal Head Chef will have significant experience in a high volume food-led traditional inn and is confident with the management and development of a large team, and a sound knowledge of tailoring and positioning offers to meet the needs of a wide range of customer groups.
Responsible for ensuring that you maintain food quality to the highest standards and constantly seek to exceed guest expectations, you will be fully accountable for the profit of your kitchen including ordering, deliveries, stock taking and control of wastage.
Working alongside the General Manager you will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing the kitchen team so that they can reach their potential. As Head Chef, you will lead by example and have full accountability for maintaining exceptional standard of cleanliness, adhering to all aspects of Food Safety, Health & Safety compliance in accordance with the law and Company policy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000.00 per year
Discounted or free food
Supplemental pay types: Tips
Ability to commute/relocate: CONGLETON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application question(s): Will you require sponsorship now or in the future?
Experience: Kitchen management: 3 years (preferred)
Cooking: 3 years (required)
Work authorisation: United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person