"Set alongside chocolate-box cottages, beautiful country gardens and rolling hills is The Hawk Inn. Located at the heart of charming village of Amport in Hampshire’s Test Valley, it’s a great place for a fabulous dinner or a refreshing drink on our sandstone terrace with its stunning views over Pill Hill Brook. Close to Andover and the A303, it is an ideal base to explore the many local attractions of Winchester, Salisbury, Stonehenge, Marlborough and the North Wessex Downs. The Hawk Inn also has a 20-seat private dining room for family parties, celebrations, and business meetings."
Could you be the most important person in our kitchen?
Join us as a kitchen assistant, and you’ll be the person who keeps the wheels turning in our busy kitchen. You’ll keep it clean and you’ll keep it safe - and you’ll protect the space so the chefs can create spectacular dishes.
• Enjoy the pace and variety of a professional kitchen
• Learn new skills and build a career in catering
• Join a friendly, dedicated and supportive team
• Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 40% off in all Upham Inns.
Kitchen life is hard work, but it’s also a lot of fun.
The team spirit is brilliant and there’s real pride in helping create something special for customers.
This is also a great way to learn about premium catering.
Upham is a business where kitchen assistants can go on to become chefs or even general managers – and given our passion for fresh ingredients, there are few better places to learn the food business.
If you’ve never worked in a professional kitchen before, don’t worry. Comprehensive training will be provided.
For this role, personality and potential are more important than skills and experience…
• You’ll have a friendly, outgoing personality
• You should be eager to learn new skills
• You’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team
• You must be flexible and conscientious