Chef de Partie - The Hawk Inn - Live in available
"Set alongside chocolate-box cottages, beautiful country gardens and rolling hills is The Hawk Inn. Located at the heart of charming village of Amport in Hampshire’s Test Valley, it’s a great place for a fabulous dinner or a refreshing drink on our sandstone terrace with its stunning views over Pill Hill Brook. Close to Andover and the A303, it is an ideal base to explore the many local attractions of Winchester, Salisbury, Stonehenge, Marlborough and the North Wessex Downs. The Hawk Inn also has a 20-seat private dining room for family parties, celebrations, and business meetings."
Let us be a part of your next chapter!
If you are Chef de Partie with a passion for preparing quality, fresh food with flair and have a great team spirit, then we want to hear from you!
The menu offers an inspired menu, produced using the highest quality, fresh ingredients by our chefs on site.
Main duties of a Chef de Partie?
A Chef de Partie runs a specific section in a kitchen and reports to the Head Chef. The role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting all manner of dishes to a high standard
- Assisting with the management of health and safety
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices
- Monitoring portion and waste control
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards
The more general skills that all good Chef de Parties should possess include-
- Knowledge and the ability to run a section.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to communicate with all sections of the kitchen.
- Team management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy basic computer skills
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you.
- Adapt well to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities
If you are enthusiastic about self-development and embrace opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge whenever possible, you could build a long and rewarding career as a Chef de Partie progressing to a role as a Sous Chef or Head Chef if desired.
Finding the right balance between work and leisure lifestyle is important. You will often find that your shifts include days, evenings and weekends so be sure to consider your home and family commitments and choose a career that enables you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Ready to apply for a Chef de Partie vacancy?