Hello! We at Brewhouse and Kitchen are looking for our next Head of People to take the reigns of our people strategy and gear us up for our next stage of growth and sustainable success through people and culture.
At Brewhouse and Kitchen, we firmly believe in a people first approach, and whilst the pandemic (shudder), and brexit (cringe) has thrown many challenges on the people front our way, we have continued to remain focused on growing, developing, and retaining the best people. Despite the adversity the industry has faced, we are grateful to have won the accolade this year at the Publican Awards for Best Pub Employer!! Proud to be recognised within our sector, we continue to provide an excellent working environment for employees including comprehensive training, strong staff motivation, and benefits, alongside a meaningful career path development structure for employees.
As Head of People, you will be helping us in continuing to clear the path to be the UK's best pub employer. You will be responsible for blowing best people practice out of the water, and harnessing the Brewhouse and Kitchen entrepreneurial spirit, to tackle industry challenges head on, and grow our business through people centric leadership. This is a job that requires someone to go beyond the traditional role of HR and get hands on to work alongside the people. On any given day you could go from influencing our amazing founders and shaping the bigger picture people strategy, running team listening forums, or getting stuck into service to really understand what it is like to work on the ground at Brewhouse and Kitchen. This is a team that cares and wants to make a difference to culture, so if you think this is a bit of you then read on.
The Person we are looking for:
- You have at least 3-5 years within a people department in hospitality and at least 2 years experience as an HRBP. This could be your first role stepping up into the position of Head of People! We just want to see your passion and drive for results.
- Available to travel nationwide. Driving is preferential. We can be flexible to an extent on location.
- You are a people leader and have demonstrable experience in building, coaching, and developing teams.
- You are passionate about hospitality and an ambassador for emerging talent within the industry.
- You like to challenge positive best practices and re-create what good looks like.
- You love facilitating workshops and getting hands-on with hospitality and service training where needed.
- You love being with the people and have a preference for working on-site to get a real feel for the businesses and their own microcultures.
- You have an interest in Beer (It doesn’t need to be your favorite drink, but we certainly want to see a passion for our world)
- You are a natural coach, and enjoy speaking to different levels of stakeholders who have varying agendas, personalities, and needs. You adapt your coaching style to each person to get the best out of them and drive your agenda.
- You need good knowledge of employment law and up-and-coming changes in legislation.
What do we offer?
- Award-winning colleagues! You will be working with and leading the best.
- In addition to salary, you will also have a slice of the pie with share options offered with this role.
- A competitive bonus against results agreed between you and our founders.
- 30% off Food and Drink in our Brewpubs and BOGOF on our Mini Kegs
- 30% off our Experience Days and 20% off accommodation
- Brewhub with access to over 3000 discounts and Cycle to work scheme
- Brewing Happiness, a Positive Mindset daily for Team and Guests alike
- Brewery Experience Day for you and a friend when you join
- Transparent career paths
- Being part of an awesome, fun, and inclusive culture
If this role still sounds like a bit of you, then we want to hear from you!