Sous Chef Vacancy - Full time - Plumley - Up to £12.90 per hour & tips
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join the talented kitchen team at the Golden Pheasant in Plumlley.
What we offer our Sous Chefs:
- Annual profit share, ensuring you share in the success of the company
- 30% discount on food and drink across our pubs and inns for you and friends and family
- 50% off food when on shift
- Discounted stays in our hotels and inns
- A fair share of tips
- Wellbeing support with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Great opportunities to grow in your role and progress your career
- Access to JW BenefitHub, giving you access to a huge range of high street and online discounts
What a Sous Chef does at JW Lees:
- Lead the kitchen team in the Head Chef’s absence
- Support with menu development, stock management and maintaining a safe and compliant kitchen
- Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members
- Ensure that high standards and attention to detail are maintained, working with the team to achieve and maintain 5* Scores on the doors
- Continuously motivate the team to make sure that fresh quality food is presented each time
- The Sous Chef plays an integral role in training and development junior team member
Where you will be working:
The Golden Pheasant is a rare and special pub with history, character and a warm welcome that offers award-winning cask ales and delicious seasonal home cooked food. Our 200-year-old wayside Inn has been family owned for 88 years and also benefits from guest accommodation with cosy, comfortable rooms that overlook the stunning Cheshire countryside. We are handily located in the village of Plumley, close by to Knutsford and Northwich town centres as well as major road and rail links (we are right next to Plumley train station).
About JW Lees:
Proudly family owned and nearly 200 years old, JW Lees are the original modern, traditional brewer. With 150 pubs, inns and hotels across the North West and North Wales, we are passionate about great beer, fantastic food and memorable experiences.
We put people at the heart of our business, always doing the right thing and always sticking together. Our six values are at the heart of everything we do:
Proud - Savvy - Honest - Passionate - Personal - Together