Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 with an average shift pattern of 8:30am – 4:30pm with weekend work required.
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Duration: This is a permanent role which offers realistic salary progression based on annual reviews.
What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Using your creative skills, you’ll use local produce to develop dishes to inspire visitors with our spirit of place. Working alongside the Head Chef/Food & Beverage Manager you'll ensure our menu reflects the seasons, and each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
You won’t be required to work nights, split shifts and will be off on Christmas Day as the property is fully closed to the public.
You’ll receive a bespoke induction on appointment - and further professional training & development opportunities are available.
Interviews: This is an immediate start; interviews will be held by appointment on receiving applications.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be;
•A great team player, creative and proactive
•Qualified in food preparation and cooking to City & Guilds or NVQ L2 or equivalent
•Experienced in successfully delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.