We have an exciting opportunity for a Pastry Chef to join our talented team at a time when the company is expanding internationally.
We are seeking Junior and Senior Pastry Chefs for COYA Mayfair. The role is to prepare food items in the pastry section of the kitchen assigned to you by the Pastry Chef / Head Chef according to standard recipes to ensure guest satisfaction is consistent with COYA standards.
We treat our employees as family so we offer excellent benefits. We provide:
- An extremely competitive salary.
- On-going training program and interactive induction.
- Excellent discounts at some of London’s most prestigious high-end restaurants.
- A fun workplace and great work-life balance.
- 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Family meals twice a day, every day of the week.
- Pension scheme contribution.
- External support help line for all staff.
- Opportunities to transfer overseas with COYA.
- Endless opportunities to grow and develop as we really do believe in promoting talent from within the business.
The ideal candidate for the Pastry Chef will have:
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a similar role in high-end brand.
- To ensure that all food products are consistent with recipes and instruction from senior chefs
- To maintain all mise en place at a sufficient levels to ensure an uninterrupted flow of food during the service period whilst controlling food quality, consistency, appearance and taste
- To carry out daily checks to ensure storage areas are maintained to a high level of hygiene
- To oversee correct handling of raw products whilst ensuring quantities are prepared in accordance with recipes
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency
- To consistently foster a spirit of harmony and cohesion between the kitchen brigade and service staff
- Ensure Food Safety and Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have high level of both spoken and written English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An excellent team player.
COYA is a luxury lifestyle group with two venues in London; Mayfair and Angel Court, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Monaco. Born from the spirit of adventure, COYA celebrates Latin American culture through delicious food, innovative cocktails, music, art and incredible parties.
The group has won countless awards, including ‘Restaurant of the Year’ at the London Lifestyle Awards 2017 and is best known for its lively atmosphere.
The cuisine is mainly Peruvian with some Japanese, Chinese and Spanish influences and signature dishes include ceviche, tiraditos and anticuchos from the robata grill.
If this sounds like you and you and want to be part of our incredible team, please reply with your CV and tell us why you are the perfect candidate for the job.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.