Maintain a clean and hygienic work environment whilst ensuring a product of high quality and presentation standards.
Demonstrate commitment to customer service for internal and external customers.
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the hotel.
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage. Have stock control procedures implemented and maintained.
- Order necessary foods according to proposed business demands. Consult with Executive Chef for guidance and authorisation of order.
- Liaise with Restaurant employees regarding the availability of menu items, additions to the menu and any relevant changes.
- Work with the kitchen team in the preparation and production of food as required.
- Prepare and ensures availability of mis en place as required.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned.
- Report any problems to the Executive Chef.
- Assist and liaise with chef on duty as required.