Duration: This is a permanent role which offers realistic salary progression based on annual reviews.
The Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 with an average shift of 8am – 4pm. However, we are flexible and shift patterns can be discussed at interview. Weekend work required.
You won’t be required to work nights or split shifts and will be off on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
The Salary: £21,200 – £22,044 per annum.
What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Using your creative skills, you’ll use local produce to develop dishes to inspire visitors with our spirit of place.
Interviews: This is an immediate start, interviews will be held by appointment on receiving applications.
You will receive a bespoke induction on appointment - and further professional training & development opportunities are available.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
• Passionate about food, creative and proactive
• A great team player, who thrives in a fast paced, catering environment
• Qualified in food preparation and cooking to City & Guilds or NVQ L2 or equivalent
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.