Sous Chef - The Hawk Inn - Live In Available
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our fantastic team here at the Hawk working full time hours.
Salary - £30,000 per year - There is also live in available if required.
What's in it for you..
- 30% off food & drink in any Upham Inn
- You get 2 vouchers a month that you can give to your friends & family so they can also enjoy 30% off food & drink in any Upham Inn
- Discounted bedrooms within our charming rooms estate
- Access from day one to an exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchase such as treats for the family, eating out or utility bills for the home.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme that helps you deal with life’s challenges.
- Weekly free treats
- A Birthday box to help you celebrate
- Recruitment Incentive Scheme
Could you unlock the potential in our kitchen?
Join us as a Sous Chef and you’ll be right at the cutting edge of our kitchen’s creativity.
You’ll be second in command to the Head Chef, adding your experience and wisdom to the team mix.
Food is a serious business in our pubs, so you’ll be working in an advanced kitchen to create fabulous, fresh dishes – using the best of seasonal, local ingredients.
• Work for a company that shares your passion for food
• Develop your skills towards a Head Chef role
• Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 40% off across all Upham Inns.
• Take advantage of our fantastic Chef apprenticeships and gain a recognised qualification in the process.
As deputy to the Head Chef, you will take full control of the kitchen when they are away. It is a great opportunity to make a real impact and prove yourself ready to step up to the Head Chef role.
And you’ll be supported every step of the way by your Head Chef and the Executive Chef to develop your career.
You’ll need to be a talented chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie. You’ll be able to bring out the best in others – and you’ll take immense pride in every successful service.
A hygiene qualification, excellent food knowledge and food safety awareness are all essential for this role.
But we are interested in your personality and potential too – not just your previous experience.
• You must thrive under pressure
• You’ll have great communication skills
• You should be able to lead a team
• You’ll set yourself and others the highest standards