Deputy General Manager – Dirty Martini
Nightcap is an award-winning operator in the late-night bar scene. We operate a portfolio of bars and venues across the UK, including brands like The Cocktail Club, Tonight Josephine, Barrio Familia, and Dirty Martini to name just a few. With a mission to be the UK’s leading bar group. Our purpose of existence is the belief that EVERYONE deserves a great night out, and therefore it's everyone's job to make sure we create great nights... and days out! We have a lively and dynamic work-ethos across all our bars and offices. Our culture is creative, innovative, and collaborative, where everyone contributes ideas and brings their true self to work every day, as we are hell-bent on harnessing a place where everyone can belong. Working here is fast paced, at times challenging, but copious amounts of fun!
Dirty Martini isn't just any cocktail bar; we're an industry-leading brand that believes in providing exceptional training, competitive pay, and endless opportunities for growth. You'll have the chance to work alongside top professionals, get creative with menu design, and even attend product tastings and showcases. It's an experience like no other!
What's in it for you?
- Salary of £35,000 per annum
- Exciting bonus scheme so you share in the business’ success.
- An amazing 50% discount on food and drink across all our awesome venues.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides consultation sessions on mental health, well-being and finance, grants, and any other needed support.
- The opportunity to join our world-class bartender training program and become a Cocktail Jedi.
- Third-party training sessions that come with globally accepted certificates.
- Incredible career progression opportunities. We're invested in your success during your time with us!
- And don't forget our annual Nightfest staff party, where over we all come together to celebrate. It's an event you won't want to miss!
What We Need:
Deputy General Managers are the future for us! We are looking for standout people to come and make a real impact in the business! People who are motivated to progress, achieve greatness and aiming to step into the role of a General Manager in their own stores! You’ll receive real support every step of the way!
- Oversee daily operations and confidently run busy shifts, ensuring a seamless experience for our guests.
- The ability to run their site without the General Manager for 4 weeks.
- Handle P&L management, stock control, meeting targets, and submitting reports.
- Be a creative manager, coming up with innovative ideas to make your bar the best place to visit and work.
- Manage and develop a team of professionals, inspiring and incentivise them to deliver 5-star service.
- Ensure compliance with licenses, risk assessments, and health & safety standards.
- Organize team rotas and efficiently manage labour.
Skills and Experience:
- At least x1 year experience managing a busy high-volume bar.
- Confident with handling money and strong business acumen.
- Excellent leadership, training, and team-building skills.
- Methodical, thorough, and effective problem-solving abilities.
- Approachable, self-motivated, and driven with excellent communication skills.
- Approachable at all times regardless of workload.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A hands-on manager who isn’t afraid to get behind a station when your team is in the weeds and smash out a dozen Espresso Martini’s!
If you enjoy mixing up delicious cocktails and providing excellent service to create memorable experiences for our guests, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We look forward to having you join our team at Dirty Martini!