We are recruiting for a Executive Chef to work at London's prestigious Cleveland Clinic.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center, which provides clinical and hospital care and is a leader in research, education and health information.
Private hospital experience is preferable, albeit not essential. You will be leading a high end, care giving facilitiy which provides a 24/7 kitchen operation and .offers food 23 hours a day by call order. Additionally, you will be responsible for the Visitor Café & all staff dining on a 5 over 7 rota commitment.
Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes. As a world-recognised centre of clinical excellence and research, Cleveland Clinic is expanding its global footprint to London in 2021.
Our “Patients First” philosophy will be at the heart of Cleveland Clinic London and the goal of our team is to create an environment that delivers world-class clinical care
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the development and planning of menus that are in line with client and customer expectations.
• Liaise with company nutritionist, and clinical caregivers at CCL to ensure a wide variety of menu options are
available to patients on therapeutic diets.
• Ensure that all food is prepared to the highest standard and in line with the CH&CO ethos.
• Ensure food is seasonal, of known provenance and where possible sourced locally.
• Ensure food is produced in a timely fashion to ensure smooth service to the customers.
• Through the kitchen team ensure that all appropriate ingredients are available for the menus being prepared
and where necessary identify shortages and instigate action to source ingredients.
• Ensure stock ordering and stocktaking is coordinated for the entire operation.
• Ensure that budgetary targets are achieved on site through a thorough understanding of GP, GP%, selling price,
cost price, margin, mark up and calculation of menu costs through recipes.
• Work with kitchen team where necessary to plan menus and prepare food in order to minimise wastage.
What's in it for you?
Working with Vacherin has its perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits to keep you happy.
- Personal Development and Training opportunities
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Private medical eligibility
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy – including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Family friendly support
- Regular social events and communication with our leaders
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Volunteering days
- Professional subscriptions
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Vacherin officially formed part of CH&CO Catering Group Ltd in 2021.
Partnerships, Innovation, Integrity, Quality, Fun