Group Reservation Advisor
Group Reservations Advisor
Rate of Pay: £20,800
National Office based – Hybrid working
Our Group Reservations Team is the first point of contact for YHA group customers. Responsible for providing an exceptional service to our Groups customers, you will be required to work independently as well as part of a team. Taking a wide range of calls, from initial enquiry and quotation as well as following up to confirmation of booking and payment.
Your role will support YHA in achieving our charitable objectives by meeting revenue targets and providing our customers with an exceptional service.
Our Group Reservations team have taken a hybrid working approach with flexibility to work between our national office based at Matlock, DE4 3YH and home working. We offer a truly flexible approach and are happy to discuss your preferred working pattern.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
• We pay £20,800 per annum (this role is fixed, 37.5 hours per week, permanent contract).
• You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal.
• Free YHA Membership each year.
• 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family.
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
What will you be doing as a Group Reservations Advisor?
Our Group Reservations Advisors receive predominantly, incoming calls from our Groups customer base, with the expectation that outbound calls will be required to follow up with customers on any additional needs or stays that they may want to discuss.
We provide great customer service by both email, phone, and a web chat function, so you would need to be able to build rapport in a variety of ways, so a friendly and personable manner is required.
Our customers will contact us, and your role will be to match their requirements with suitable products to meet the customer needs and place their bookings. It is important to maintain long-term relationships with our groups and this will ensure our sales targets are achieved.
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Group Reservations Advisor?
• Good numeracy and literacy skills (with a particular focus on written communication) and the ability to process information accurately.
• Excellent IT skills - it would be advantageous to have previous experience of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Teams (as these are all used in the role). We also operate a reservations system so previous experience of reservations would be of benefit.
• Able to build rapport with customers and colleagues through different communications styles such as email and telephone.
• Experience of working as part of a team, working well with others, and building working relationships quickly as well as being able to work well independently.
• Proven ability of managing varying pressures and handling difficult situations.
• Experience working in a sales environment or within a call centre environment.
• Knowledge of YHA and its customer base would be advantageous, but not essential.
We will require flexibility to work as required to cover telephone opening hours, this may include occasional Saturdays and Bank Holidays. Our current office opening hours are 9am to 5.30pm.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.