At Gather & Gather, we are known as one of the UK & Irelands most distinctive workplace catering experts, we are passionate about great food and great coffee and putting our employees and customers at the heart of everything that we do. We are currently recruiting for Sales Coordinator to join our vibrant & growing sales team based at Charlton Athletic Football Club, in the heart of South-East London. This is predominately a site-based opportunity, however there would be some flexibility for hybrid working, for the right-candidate.
Location: Charlton CAFC
Rate of pay: £28,000 per annum + amazing benefits!
Working pattern: 40 hours per week
As we are a small team, it is essential that this person has previous experience within a similar role and ideally someone who is local to the SE London area.
A key role within the sales and marketing team; responsible for selling, marketing and coordinating a range of events, under the leadership of the Sales Manager and venue General Manager. This is a multi-dimensional role and an exciting opportunity to work closely with the operations team and other internal departments, helping to sell, book and coordinate the calendar of events including conferences, dinners, training days, exhibitions, Christmas Parties and so much more. This role takes on responsibility as one of the primary contacts for meetings and events at The Valley with responsibility for selling and administration to meet revenue targets.
The role allows a breadth of responsibility encompassing mainly reactive sales but some proactive sales, marketing administration activities and taking responsibility for smaller corporate meetings and diners, to support the wider team.
This position is full-time five days out of seven and flexibility is expected to meet with the business needs in order to represent the team when dealing with our internal bookers as well as representing the business in the external events community.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Have excellent knowledge of venue capabilities, capacities, unique selling points and pricing
• Handle enquiries, convert bookings and coordinate events
• Be the client contact from enquiry stage, planning, through to handover of the event to the operations team.
• Timely preparation of quotations, contracts and function sheets
• Accurately create contracts and raise invoices
• Conduct show rounds, menu tasting and assist with familiarisation trips
• Meet and greet clients at events as agreed, follow up feedback, resolve client queries and secure repeat business
• Provide accurate business reports and possess and understanding where we can increase revenue
• Achieve and exceed sales targets on room hire, food and beverage, sundry items
• To communicate and research industry trends in food, service and creative selling, by our competitors.
What's in it for you?
Working with Gather & Gather has its perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits and development opportunities to keep you content.
- Personal Development and Training opportunities
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Private medical eligibility
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy – including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Family friendly support
- Regular social events and communication with our leaders
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Volunteering days
- Professional subscriptions
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme