We are Company of Cooks, and we are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Event Supervisor to join our event operations team at London’s famous Southbank Centre - the largest arts centre in Europe.
It’s a fast paced and exciting venue, where we work on a variety of events - from exhibition openings and conferences, to graduations, concerts, and film premiers. No two days are ever the same, so it's important that our Event Supervisors can think on their feet and work with us to make sure we’re delivering delicious food, carefully selected drink, and service that always hits the mark.
The ideal candidate would confidently work with our Event Managers to deliver the events they’ve crafted. We go the extra mile to hand tailor our offer to create memorable experiences, and effective communication is what brings them to life.
- Flexible and seasonal working within an organised team that leaves you able to commit time to other avenues.
- Gain valuable experience working on high-profile events, in a venue where no two days or shifts are the same.
- The ability to venture to other well-known and well-loved London venues and work with Company of Cook’s other teams.
- Work within a passionate team and close-knit team who enjoy what we do and work hard to maintain a positive working atmosphere where anyone would feel welcome.
- On the job training and external training opportunities to help you grow with us and expand your own skill set.
- Work within our event operations team to ensure that all parts of our food and drink service are executed in the Company of Cooks way, with an attention to detail that always leaves guests impressed.
- Help create displays, pop-up bars and food stations that do our menus justice.
- Follow plans created by our Event Managers and work with us to bring them to life.
- Be able to confidently work alone to deliver small-scale events when needed.
- Efficiently lead small teams as part of larger events to support us in seeing an event through from a smooth set-up to a perfect pack down after a successful day.
- Some experience working within the hospitality sector.
- Demonstrable team leadership skills.
- Good communication and team-work skills.
- A good understanding of written English.
- The ability to confidently work alone when needed.
- A hands on attitiude.
- Experience in an events based environment.
Why choose us?
Working with Company of Cooks has its perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits to keep you happy.
- Personal Development and Training opportunities
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy – including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Family friendly support
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Regular social events and communication with our leaders
- Volunteering days
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Company of Cooks officially formed part of CH&CO Catering Group Ltd in 2020.