We are Company of Cooks, and we are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Event Manager to join our event team at London’s famous Southbank Centre - the largest arts centre in Europe.
It’s a fast paced and exciting venue, where we work on a variety of events - from exhibition openings and conferences, to graduations, concerts, and film premiers. No two days are ever the same, so it's important that our Event Managers can think on their feet and efficiently organise, inspire, and manage a team to deliver delicious food, carefully selected drink, and service that always hits the mark.
Why choose us?
- Flexible and seasonal working within an organised team that leaves you able to commit time to other avenues.
- Gain valuable experience working on high-profile events, in a venue where no two days or shifts are the same.
- Work within a passionate team and close-knit team who enjoy what we do, and work hard to maintain a working atmosphere where anyone would feel welcome.
- The ability to venture out to other well-known and well-loved London Venues to work with Gather & Gathers wider event teams.
Rate of pay: £18.50 per hour
Working pattern: Part-Time/ Freelance Basis
The ideal candidate would:
- Confidently work with our event planning team to deliver the events they’ve crafted. We go the extra mile to hand tailor our offer to create memorable experiences, and effective communication is what brings them to life.
- Have a good understanding of event run sheets and floor plans, with the ability to pick up a well-made plan and see it through from a smooth set-up to perfect pack down.
- Efficiently and professionally organise and motivate a team to deliver genuine hospitality, with an attention to detail that impresses our guest
- Be proactive, adaptable, and adjustable, with the ability to be the expert of cool even when the plans around us change.
- Be personable and professionaly, ready to immerse themselves in a venue with important cultural history, carrying that with them when delivering events to ensure that we’re nurturing the relationships with have with the venue’s internal teams.
- Experience working in event delivery, ideally within the hospitality sector.
- A successful track record of delivering outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrable ability to adjust to the type of event being delivered.
- Experience being a confident and hands-on manager who knows your team will only work as hard as you do.
- A good knowledge of catering health & hygiene procedures.
- A good understanding of written English.
What's in it for you?
Working with Company of Cooks has its perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits to keep you happy.
- Personal Development and Training opportunities
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy – including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Family friendly support
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Regular social events and communication with our leaders
- Volunteering days
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Company of Cooks officially formed part of CH&CO Catering Group Ltd in 2020.