HEAD CHEF - Nr Tonbridge Kent
We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team at The Little Brown Jug, Chiddingstone Causeway, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 8JJ. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen operation whilst setting and maintaining a standard of excellence and creating extraordinary dishes.
You will lead a team of dedicated and experienced professionals and report to the General Manager. You will be also responsible for motivating, developing and training the more junior members of the brigade.
You will be cooking with fresh daily ingredients purchased from artisan suppliers, you will have lots of autonomy with the menu. We change our menu daily, so you can make good use of market offers from the likes of the fishmonger, butcher and vegetable supplier etc. It is a well-equipped kitchen which includes a charcoal grill from The Oven Clay Company, Rational oven, solid top and 6 burner ovens, plus much more. We also have a BBQ shack serviced from the main kitchen which has a large American smoker.
Entry Requirements: We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Head Chef who has already worked in a similar role within the industry or you could be a strong Sous chef looking for his or her first crack at the position.
You will be a team player, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality food and service. You will be very proud of your role and want to take the pub to the next level. You will love pleasing people and enjoy building a enthusiastic brigade to work alongside you.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
• Exceptional culinary skills
• Excellent Communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Good level of computer literacy
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good training and coaching skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A high standard of personal presentation
• Confident and professional approach.
• 28 days’ paid holiday during each holiday year including Bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Very competitive salary (based on experience)
• Share of tips/TRONC
• Support in studying for professional qualifications
• Uniform / Chef whites
• Possible accommodation (if required)
• In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
• Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
As a family owned company we are known to have a reputation as being a fair employer who look after our team members and have a number of individuals who have worked for the company for a long time. We are perceived by our peers within the industry as leaders in our field. We like to develop our team members and where ever possible promote individuals through the business, offering a diverse and rewarding working career. Our MD started as a young Chef at The Savoy in London and has a real passion for Great British food.
If you are looking to join an award winning family company wanting to better yourself then we want to hear from you!