Senior Sous Chef - Live Out - Plus £5K Tronc Appx
At The Crown at Ampney Brook & Wild Thyme and Honey, great British hospitality is the beating heart of our business.
Our core values are simple; we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, serving fantastic fresh food and drinks, with an emphasis on warm, friendly & fun service. We want to create a vibrant & relaxed atmosphere in our Restaurants & Inns where the focus is on giving our customers an experience to remember.
We want people who are willing to commit to our business, in return we offer a genuinely balanced approach to work/life shift patterns, as well as the opportunity to work for a family business where you can truly be proud of...
Do our values & standards match your own? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for dedicated Chefs to join our group of Pubs & Inns. As a Senior Sous Chef within this business, you will be given ample support to have real impact on business success. The company's future plans allow us to offer real career progression to enthusiastic senior kitchen managers.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Work alongside a fantastic Executive Head Chef and General Manager to co-ordinate and operate a busy kitchen.
- Be a key part of motivating the entire team.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are being adhered to on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Deputise and maintain the smooth running of the kitchen department to the highest standards.
- Control the stock aspects of the kitchen on your shifts.
- Maintain company compliance with all relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Lead from the front, coaching junior chefs and encouraging their development.
- Set kitchen up for success on a daily basis.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate about great drinks, fresh food and customer service
- Have an outgoing, positive personality and a true people-focused approach
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- An aspiration to learn in an ever adapting business with goals of achieving something truly special in the industry
What we can offer you:
- Tronc payments on top of your salary
- Free meals on shift
- Flexible working rotas
- A work/life balance to suit you
- The opportunity to feel valued as part of a great team
- Great career path and progression
- Other benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £42,000.00-£47,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Relocation assistance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cirencester: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cooking: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person