Field Studies Council Slapton, Slapton, Kingsbridge
Circa £24,577 - £26,082 per annum (Gross basic salary £23,407 - £24,840 + 5% incentive allowance*)
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
*This role is currently eligible for our geographical allowance incentive. This means that during your first two years of employment with us, you'll be paid an extra amount each month on top of your usual salary - this extra payment is calculated at 5% of the gross basic salary figure.
Love where you work!
Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provides day and residential outdoor education courses for all ages. We aim to create outstanding opportunities for everyone to learn about nature.
We value each of our team members and understand that every role is vital to deliver our mission, so, we provide great benefits to reward and support you while you work with us.
What you’ll be doing
As our Lead Housekeeper you will be overseeing the housekeeping function, always ensuring our learning location is clean and tidy and presents a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our guests.
This is a varied and busy role. You will manage the housekeeping team, providing clear direction, motivation, support, and feedback. As well as play an active role in recruiting, inducting, and developing your team.
Your office duties will include preparing staff rotas, planning deep cleaning activities, and organising changes of guest rooms. However, part of your day to day will also be spent helping the housekeeping team with changeovers and general cleaning when necessary.
It’s important to us that you are flexible as we have positive work environment where everyone is willing to help each other. Please refer to the vacancy pack for further details on the full responsibilities of this role.
Where you’ll be based
Field Studies Council Slapton is located within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to Field Sites in Dartmoor National Park. We maintain two residential centres (Slapton Ley and Start Bay) in the coastal village of Slapton, as well as Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve.
Start Bay is very popular with primary schools and self-catering, providing exclusive use for groups of up to 40 visitors. Whereas Slapton Ley is very popular with larger GCSE, A Level and University groups and can accommodate up to 135 visitors.
Who we’re looking for
Ideally you will come from a hospitality background, and already have some management or supervisor experience. In addition, you will have:
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
Sound like the role for you? Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Your benefits whilst working with us will include:
- Financial - We offer competitive salaries, sick pay, pension schemes, life assurance, 28 days annual holiday entitlement plus bank holidays and a further 2 extra loyalty days dependent on length of service.
- Health and Wellbeing - Eligible employees are automatically provided with a Health Cash Plan which you can use to help pay for routine health appointments as well as give you the ability to seek second opinions from top doctors! We also provide our team members with access to a 24hr Counselling Helpline Service.
- Discounts – When you join the team you are also enrolled into our reward programme which gives you discounts on your favourite brands and opportunities to earn cash back on everyday purchases!
- Additional benefits - We endeavour to offer flexible working options where roles permit and are committed to providing our employees with appropriate quality learning and development opportunities.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Kate Payne on 07714613906 or 01548 580466.
Applications will be considered on arrival.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Slapton Ley on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.