Head Chef - Highbury Brewhouse & Kitchen
Why Brewhouse & Kitchen?
Founded in 2013, B&K is a blend of Great British Pubs with US-inspired hospitality and beer culture. We have open fires, cask ales and Sunday Roasts – but we also have quirky industrial décor, an eclectic range of guest beers and home-style BBQ dishes.
We are unique whereby we brew beer on-site, delivering an experience to the senses with the smells, sights and tastes.
B&K inspires our teams by living by the line “people always remember how you make them feel”, we hold ourselves to this daily, Brewing Happiness wherever we can. We brew great beer and deliver great experiences, every single day.
Benefits of being a B&K Head Chef
- Award winning employer – Best Brewing Pub Company 2023, Best Pub brand 2022
- Best Companies Accredited 2023
- Competitive Head Chef Salary
- Centralised tronc system with opportunities to significantly enhance salary
- Earn up to an additional £4000 per year on top of your annual salary with our bonus scheme
- Up to £1000 Refer a Friend Bounty Scheme
- Access your pay early with Hastee Pay, including financial wellbeing support
- Free team meal on shift
- 30% off Food, Drink, Accommodation & Experience’s in our Brewpubs
- Buy-one-get-one-free on our Mini-Kegs of in-house brewed beer
- Structured career path, with Senior Head Chef development opportunities
- Access to Brewhub – with over 3000 discounts & cashback opportunities
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Award-winning learning & development in the hospitality industry, including: B&K Specialist Training, B&K Learning Hub, Apprenticeships plus much, much more
- Annual incentive trips and benefits
- 24 hour access to our Employee assistance programme offering free counselling, financial and well-being support
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Free Brewery Experience Day for you and a friend when you join
- Brewing Happiness – a positive mindset for all team and guests
- Flexible shifts to fit in with life!
Our Head Chefs are the leaders in our kitchens who manage their brigade exceptionally. A key part of your role is training & coaching your teams, to be the best they can be. You are friendly, approachable and understand that communication is key to all departments, especially your General Manager.
As a Head Chef in our Brewpubs, you’ll have the drive and determination to deliver an excellent service, every single day. Your main responsibilities include managing the food stock, ensuring safe working practices, you’ll also be managing the food safety regulations in your Brewpub kitchen by leading your team correctly. You’ll take a front foot in the preparation and cooking of our menu, ensuring it leaves the kitchen to perfect specification.
Our Head Chefs champion our core Brewing Happiness Values:
People First – We're inclusive, open to all, and put people at the heart of what we do
Passion – We are passionate about great people, hospitality, beer, food and experiences
Fun – Guests come to the Brewpub to have fun, this starts with us
Integrity – We focus on what matters most and do the right thing
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then click ‘apply’ now!