Level 3 Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship in Cheltenham
At ASK Italian, we want people to do more than eat Italian food. We want them to eat like an Italian – to enjoy the experience, escaping from the day to day, connecting with friends and family and of course enjoying great food. You will learn to cook Italian dishes, keep kitchen standards high, and deliver excellent service to our guests.
If you’re interested in creating amazing, authentic Italian dishes, from beautiful ingredients and serving our customers with style, this could be the start of something special. We respect the people we serve, we promote family values and love the environment we work in.
The starting rate of pay is £10.90 per hour - we don’t use apprentice rates of pay! Plus tips and benefits, along with pay rises throughout your journey as you climb your career ladder.
We offer a bespoke level 3 apprenticeship programme to launch your career with ASK Italian. We will teach you all about our business with the opportunity to gain a full time Sous Chef Role. Our CEO started out as a Team Member – where will your career take you?
Your role will include:
- Demonstrating a passion for people, great service, and amazing food.
- Working together with our front of house team.
- Making sure the kitchen is fully prepared for service in line with cleaning, audit and brand standards.
- Working with and within all sections of the kitchen, creating our amazing dishes to company standards.
- Working in line with all food safety, health and safety, allergen and cleaning standards.
- Assist with all preparation including, deliveries, defrosting, labelling and storage.
- Safely close the kitchen and other back of house areas.
As an ASK Italian Chef we’ll give you:
- Full training into role and great opportunities for career development, including a fully accredited and industry recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship Certificate as a Senior Production Chef.
- Fantastic hourly rate, in line with our restaurant roles every step of the way, with a share of the tips on top.
- 50% discount at ASK Italian and Zizzi restaurants (including drinks!)
- Free meals on shift with a heavily discounted menu range too.
- New dress code provided, including shoes.
- 28 days paid holiday, pro rata.
- ASK Italian are closed on Christmas day, meaning you’ll be able to spend Christmas exactly as you choose.
- Access to wages earned through Wagestream,
- Well-being and GP support for yourself and your family,
- Discounts on loads of lifestyle brands including Cinema and Travel,
- You’ll be part of a great team, creating and enjoying fantastic experiences and making friends for life!
As an ASK Italian Chef we’ll ASK you to:
- Have a huge passion for our Italian food, with the desire to learn and deliver our fabulous menu.
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail and a drive for excellent standards.
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship course, you’ll continue at ASK Italian full time in your role. Going forward, you can follow our career path to become a Sous Chef and beyond! With our amazing training, including our Italian Education and our fantastic development programme, we’re the perfect place to keep growing.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship course, you’ll continue at ASK Italian full time in your role. Going forward, you can follow our career path to become a Sous Chef and beyond! With our amazing training, including our Italian Education and our fantastic development programme, we’re the perfect place to keep growing.
- Level 3 Senior Production Chef
- Level 2 Functional skills (if applicable)
- Level 2/GCSE grade C/4 or above in English & Maths preferred, but we can help you achieve this too.
The key to our success is the ASK Factor – meaning we are confident, engaging and we love to be a bit cheeky, so come join us, and be a part of our team!