Level 2/Level 3 Chef Apprenticeship in Hampstead
Harrison Catering Services is one of the UK’s leading independent catering companies, serving high-quality, freshly-cooked food to thousands of people in schools and workplaces every day.
We’re looking for an Apprentice Chef to join one of our catering teams. The position will assist with the preparation of our fresh food offer and with serving customers.
Under the direction of line manager learn the day-to-day operations and food production in accordance with company quality standards and hygiene, health and safety standards.
You will be involved in the following;
- Preparing, cooking and serving food
- Gaining a full understanding of food ordering processes and menu planning
- Receiving and storing product properly
- Ensuring minimum food wastage
- Gaining an understanding of the principles behind food control and rotation
- Developing the ability to prepare and present food creatively
- Ensuring temperature records and monitoring is completed on a daily basis
- Working in a tidy and organised way
- Operating catering equipment after receiving appropriate training
- Supporting any special functions or events as required (which may be outside normal working hours)
Future prospects: We are an organisation that is proud to invest in our teams and have a strong record of developing the skills, knowledge and capabilities of our people enabling them to grow their careers and achieve their personal ambitions. We have many opportunities to support career development within the kitchen or operational roles.
Training Provided: Level of Apprenticeship Being Offered - Level 2 or Level 3 (Depending on candidate). In addition to achieving a nationally recognised Apprenticeship qualification which includes both maths and english, there will be full on the job training provided which includes a blend of on and off-the-job courses/activities to support your continued professional development.
Qualifications Required: A good standard of maths and English and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure, cleared Bared List Check essential and compliance with safeguarding regulations.
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal and customer facing skills
• Good attention to detail
• Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
• Ability to use own initiative
• Good work ethic, reliable and punctual
• Personal cleanliness
• Flexible approach to work