We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to join our award winning HR team at the Ham Yard Hotel. We are looking for a generalist HR expert who has an innovative and creative approach, a leader and hands on Manager including recruitment, learning and development, employee relations, health and wellbeing and HR support.
The role involves proactive human resources, providing support to the General Manager, Deputy General Manager and Managers at the Ham Yard Hotel to provide support, guidance and advice as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Senior Managers with employee relations, health and wellbeing and people policies, providing support and guidance on HR issues, concerns and queries, overseeing ER cases and assist where required
- Assist Managers with recruitment selection, new starters, onboarding and creating the best start for new team members
- Organise and promote employee engagement and experiences throughout the hotel
- Ensure all employees have accessibility and interaction with the people platforms and employee benefits
- To ensure effective and legal compliance with regards to all personnel data and records, providing timely and accurate information to payroll
- Implement HR initiatives, the Company EAP programme, Occupational Health and liaising with our people provider companies
- To compile monthly HR metrics including staff turnover, retention etc. and create and implement action plans and recommend changes for improvement
- Promote excellent communication among employees using social media and our Talent Toolbox dashboard
- Develop relationships with schools, colleges and recruitment opportunities
- To provide coaching and mentoring in a confidential manner
- To keep up to date with best practice, personal development and legislation
- An HR generalist background at senior level, preferably within the hospitality sector, previous experience and a passion for engagement, communications, employee relations, learning and development
- A strong working knowledge of employment law and preferably CIPD qualified
- Ability to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach and based on feedback from the operation
- A coach and mentor with a friendly and warm personality, committed to developing people within the business
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the industry and our people
- An active supporter and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Ability to build great rapport and relationships with teams and our people
- Great attention to detail
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.