We are looking for an enthusiastic individual/couple to stay at The Maycliffe Hotel and manage all the operational tasks and communication with guests. One should undertake the cooking and the cleaning job, the other to do maintenance and night duties.
Mission for Live-in Caretaker
To ensure that each guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay and that their needs are met in the best possible way – going above and beyond what is expected of us. Finally, to present an excellent image of our hotel and to make Paymán Club renowned for an extremely high level of Guest Services.
- ensure the security of the building and guests
- to actively detect guests’ needs and resolve them
- to serve guests by any means of communication they require
- to ensure smooth check-in and check-out tasks
- to deal with special requests from guests
- to prepare and serve healthy breakfast
- to respond to guests’ complaints in a timely and professional manner and contact necessary staff to solve problems that arise
- to keep track of repeating issues and convey them to the Operations Manager or the housekeeping staff
- to place supply orders when necessary
- to maintain updated records of bookings and payments on our Property Management System
- to oversee maintenance and repairs in individual rooms and common areas
- Keeping the outside and public areas of the hotel clean and preparing them for the following day’s events.
- Setting up restaurant for breakfast
- To prepare and serve healthy breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea.
- To ensure all rooms are clean, tidy, and fully furnished to accommodate guests’ need.
- To provide basic housekeeping duties including replacing linens, changing and arranging the towels, emptying trash, restocking toilet supplies, vacuuming, dusting, and rearranging the room after guests check out.
- To clean rooms and public areas, including vacuuming, dusting, picking up larger objects off the floor, cleaning glass and windows, spot cleaning partition doors and walls, sweeping and mopping tie floors, and cleaning toilets.
- To transport dirty linens to the correct area to be cleaned and to restocks areas with clean linens.
- Basic computer user skills
- Listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Organization and planning
- Sense of humour
- Friendly manner
- Authorisation to stay/work in the UK
- DBS (formerly CRB) check.
- At least two references. Only business email addresses with a company domain will be accepted.
Considering the Coronavirus situation, the interview can be scheduled upon receiving references and the work permit. The DBS check can be applied for while proceeding through the interview process.
Salary: National minimum wage + free self-contained accommodation and utilities