The Queens Hotel Brighton is considered one of the best hotels in Brighton where you are guaranteed a warm welcome from our friendly and professional team. The purpose of this role is to provide a warm, friendly and efficient food and beverage service to our guests, ensuring exceptional service standards are always delivered and maintained in line with our guest expectations.
As a sous chef, your main duties would be to lead the kitchen in the absence of the head chef and support the head chef to achieve the highest standards in all aspects of the kitchen.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Prepare all dishes as per food Spec
- Work with the other chefs to develop an exciting menu
- Inform team of any not available dishes and any specials
- Suggest food and beverages to add to our menu to your line manager
- Clean kitchen at all times in line with food safety laws
- Store and label all foods in line with regulations
- Ensure all admin in kitchen always up to date, such as fridge recording temperatures etc
- Co - ordinate with colleagues to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction
- Control food stock, minimise and record wastage
- Adhere to food safety when in kitchen at all times
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Understand and communicate products and services available at the property
- Assist with stocking and maintaining the Food and Beverage outlets par stock levels and stations
- Must have previous experience as Sous Chef in similar hotel
- Minimum level 2 Food Hygiene qualification
- Must be able to work 5 out of 7 days on a rota basis
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- You will report all potential and real hazards immediately to the Head Chef or Duty Manager, including faulty equipment.
- You will be fully aware of hotel emergency procedures (fire & accident) You will be required to attend all Health & Safety / Fire Safety training provided for you by the hotel, and will be expected to have and maintain a general awareness of Health & Safety in relation to all tasks undertaken in the hotel.
- Gym membership
- 28 Days holiday (Inclusive of bank holidays)
- Mental Health & Well-being programme
- Staff discounts provider (Retail, Holidays, restaurants etc.)
- Free benefits (Free Cinema Ticket every month, Mobile phone insurance, Free hot drinks)