We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to lead our brigade of skilled chefs.
The Head Chef role is suitable for an existing Head Chef with experience in fresh food, high-volume cooking and someone who wants to work in an expanding, stable company that produces high quality food and products which they can be proud of.
Our Head Chefs, just like our recipes, are bright and full of flavour. If you are a Head Chef who thrives amongst multi-layered combinations of herbs, spices, and umami-filled game-changers, we may just be the right fit for you.
What we offer:
· 5 days and 2 days off
· Regular evaluation of wage & performance review
· Paid breaks
· Staff food provided while on duty
· 50% staff discounts at our shops, restaurants and online
· Health Benefits through work-sponsored health insurance
· 28 days paid holiday & pension scheme
· Training, food and wine tasting and cooking demos
· Health Plan Scheme
· Expanding company with career progression & personalised development
· A minimum of 2 years experience in a Head Chef capacity. A Head Chef banqueting background is an advantage.
· Passionate about the food industry and knowledgeable about food
· You must be highly organised & have great attention to detail
· Great team player with strong communication & established leadership skills
· Good compute skills
· Comfortable with communicating to a large team and good at listening
· Aptitude in menu planning, budgeting and wastage control
· Calm and efficient in a busy environment
Main Responsibilities as an Ottolenghi Head Chef:
· Consistent smooth running of food production areas within the Kitchen including catering
· Effective control of stock purchasing, receipt, storage, preparation and minimising wastage
· To ensure that all food production areas are operating to the required standards throughout the designated opening hours
· Maintaining a high level of food quality and production
· To ensure that at all times cleanliness, food safety and all other Health and Safety
· Writing the rota in a timely manner that ensures the operation is well staffed and all of our colleagues have well-thought out working hours
· Train, motivate, recruit and develop junior chefs with a strong focus on team development
· To ensure all Training & Development is completed together with health & safety regulations