Field Studies Council Blencathra, Threlkeld, Keswick, Cumbria
Circa £20,378 per annum + excellent benefits! *
37.5 hours per week / Permanent contract
Love where you work!
At the Field Studies Council we aim to create outdoor learning experiences and opportunities that inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate, and caring about the environment.
Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provides day and residential courses for all ages, from schools and communities throughout the UK.
We value each of our team members and understand that every role is vital to deliver our mission, so, we provide great benefits* to reward and support you while you work with us.
What you’ll be doing
As one of our Catering Assistants your duties will be varied to include setting up the dining room for breakfast, lunch, and dinner service, working in the kitchen assisting with food preparation and serving food to our visitors.
Our centre is always busy, so we need team members that are happy to help wherever required. As part of this role, you could also be asked to help our housekeeping operations, with tasks such as cleaning and laundry.
Please refer to the vacancy pack for further details on the full responsibilities of the role.
Where you’ll be based
The Field Studies Council Blencathra centre is in a magnificent setting, with unrivalled views of the Lake District. Imagine taking in these surroundings on your lunchbreak!
We welcome over 9,000 visitors each year from schools, colleges, universities, and other organisations. Our visitors come from all over the UK, and for many it is their first trip to the Lake District World Heritage Site.
We are proud to have been awarded the Soil Association’s Food for Life Served Here Bronze Award which recognises organisations which go the extra mile to make sure visitors are receiving healthy, nutritious, and sustainable meals.
Who we’re looking for
You will take pride in your work, always maintaining excellent hygiene standards, whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere. We need someone with:
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
Sound like the role for you? Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
* Your benefits whilst working with us will include:
- Financial - We offer competitive salaries, sick pay, pension schemes, life assurance, 28 days annual holiday entitlement plus bank holidays and a further 2 extra loyalty days dependent on length of service.
- Health and Wellbeing - Eligible employees are automatically provided with a Health Cash Plan which you can use to help pay for routine health appointments as well as give you the ability to seek second opinions from top doctors! We also provide our team members with access to a 24hr Counselling Helpline Service.
- Discounts – When you join the team you are also enrolled into our reward programme which gives you discounts on your favourite brands and opportunities to earn cash back on everyday purchases!
- Additional benefits - We endeavour to offer flexible working options where roles permit and are committed to providing our employees with appropriate quality learning and development opportunities.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Andy Bucklebury on 01768779601.
Applications will be considered on arrival
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Blencathra on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
Kindly note this role will be known internally as a Hospitality & Catering Assistant