If you are interested in running your own pub business, the Crown in Powick is now available on Marston’s Community Food Partnership agreement.
The Crown, is a traditional village inn based in Powick, Worcestershire. With views of the Malvern Hills from the conservatory, roaring fires, and characterful wooden beams this cosy pub is able to cater for up to 100 covers and is popular with families and friends. With residential areas as well as local businesses nearby and with Worcester centre just under 2 miles away - this pub is the perfectly located for destination diners.
The Crown is currently taking an estimated £15,000 in weekly sales with a 70/30 wet to dry sales mix-lots of potential to boost food sales side of this fantastic pub business. We are looking for an experienced and engaging operator to come on board and continue to drive the pub forward.
Our Community Food Partnership is perfect for people with pub or restaurant experience, passionate about pubs and obsessed with serving great food and an unforgettable experience every time! With low ingoing costs, and all the training and support you need to set you up for success, this is a great way of running your own business. This is an opportunity to earn an unlimited potential of sales backed up with a guaranteed annual retained sum to provide you with some peace of mind.
What’s in it for you?
- A guaranteed annual retained sum of £35k, released weekly,
- Plus 26% share of weekly sales, excluding vat.
- Incentive bonuses based on business performance and standard audits.
- Low ingoing costs, starting with just a £5,000 deposit and £360 legal cost. See ‘Things to consider’ for more information.
- Accommodation included with most bills covered, except the council tax & TV License.
- All of your stock, including food, and all associated consumables are supplied by Marston’s, although you will be responsible for managing it once it has been delivered.
- Comprehensive induction training and ongoing support and training.
- A dedicated area manager working with you to help you grow the business.
- Access to our 450 strong-support teams whenever you need them – including Marketing, Recruitment and Food and Drink specialists.
- All our Pub Partners get access to our FREE Learning, Development and Training platform Campus (a package worth over £300!).
What’s expected from you:
Our Community Food Partnership pubs are food-led businesses, operating our Marston’s corporate menu. It’s a proven business-model, perfect for self-sufficient hospitality managers with a creative flair, who can drive sales, standards and guest experience.
In addition to the £5k security deposit required for this agreement, you will need to cover legal costs (£360), and your own insurance (except building insurance, which we’ll cover). Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters.
Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you’ll just need to show us proof that you’ve had independent financial advice from an accountant and solicitor and have completed a sustainable business plan, in accordance with the Pubs Code. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which we can help with) and complete your induction training.
It’s a five-year commitment, so you have loads of time to build the business and get it performing brilliantly but, if you do want to leave early, there’s always the option of six months’ notice with a ‘break’ clause in the contract.