What is a Sous Chef? The mysterious sounding name is derived from the French word meaning "under", did you know that? The long hours and the pressure to always deliver great food can make work challenging but you enjoy that.
WHY WORK FOR MAVEN?
- Generous salary package (Based on experience)
- Half price food and drinks at any ETM Group or Maven Leisure venue, for you and up to 5 friends - any day, any time.
- Your birthday lunch in your venue is on us
- 48 hours per week contract
- Free counselling, legal advice, and access to hardship grants through our 24/7 employee helpline
- Membership of Wagestream, which allows you to access up to 40% of your earnings between pay dates
- An extra day of holiday added to your allowance each year you're with us, up to 5 extra days ( this is after 2 years service)
- Generous employee referral scheme: £400-£1000
- Money off your shopping at many high street stores
- ETM has partnered with Otolo to provide mentorship programmes to inspire and promote working within hospitality
Northwood is a bold and unique destination, located in Angel Central, near Angel Station. Catch all the action in the best place to watch sports. We've got it all from football, rugby, NFL, tennis, basketball, golf, boxing and F1 along with all other major tournaments.
Maven Leisure is a new and expanding London based hospitality group with a rich collection of bars and restaurants. We are all about quality, personality and making memorable experiences for our guests.
Being part of our Maven family, you must live by our EPIC values of excellence, passion, integrity and challenge, and you must be able to live these within the back of house team.
We're currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to join our fantastic venue. Using the best in seasonal British produce, the Sous Chef will be an active part in menu development, creation of daily specials, and the training and development of the junior team members.
While doing this our next Sous Chef will be exposed to further development opportunities of your own, learning to manage the kitchen and understand the financial aspects of the department.
- Have experience working at Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie level in a quality led venue
- Must be passionate and creative
- Have a strong grasp of stock control, budgets and scheduling
- Be a savvy and forward thinking kitchen manager
- Willingness to learn and a great commitment towards work
- Can handle themselves in a busy kitchen environment
- Strong level of English
We know hospitality can be hard work, but it's very rewarding! As part of the Maven family, we always pull together with smiles on our faces.
ETM are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who seek to recruit and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds, skills and perspectives.