A committed team player, who strives for excellence in all food sourcing, preparation and presentation. Will have a proven ability to be relied upon by the Head Chef to undertake key responsibilities within the kitchen environment, upholding essential high standards and a smooth-running process.
- Can clearly demonstrate all basic chef skills, creating all dish elements from scratch, e.g. bread, sauces, desserts, and ensure this is trained through each of the supporting chef team.
- Can work to strict specifications, knowing when to introduce innovation and creativity.
- Strives for excellence, translating this into every dish, its flavour and presentation.
- Ensure the ‘provenance’ ethos behind the sourcing of ingredients is upheld at every opportunity and continues to deliver commercially. Food is a passion.
- Demonstrates a commercial drive to exceed targets, understand costings, margins and stock control. Willing to cover tasks such as ordering when necessary.
- Strives for excellence to be delivered to each customer.
- Is an excellent communicator and is confident in working with all kitchen and front of house colleagues, demonstrating great respect for all.
- Is positive with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Fully conversant in all Food Hygiene and Food Safety regulations.
- Working within a privately-owned, group of high-quality hospitality sites renowned for gastro excellence.
- Career opportunities – development within the group.
- Competitive salary (£13 - £14ph)
- 48hrs per week .
- 28 days holiday/pa pro rata.
- Tips split equally between all team members.
- Will require own transport
- City and Guilds Professional Cookery qualification beneficial, but not essential. However, must have Sous Chef experience.
- Ideally has worked towards AA Rosette accreditation.
- Ideally, experience within a fast-paced, high volume, fresh food premium hospitality establishment.
- Available to start within one calendar month